“Curried goat and crow!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Denver, Colorado
“Curried goat and crow!”
Reviewed September 19, 2011

We picked this place because it was the top rated restaurant in Colorado Springs by TripAdvisor. We even called ahead and made a reservation for 2! When we got there,however, we thought there must be a mistake. It was teensy (4 or 5 small tables, totally off the beaten path and next to a pawn shop. I thought maybe the reviews were false reviews.

How could this little place be ranked the best in ALL of Colorado Springs? Something was fishy, we thought. We giggled and went on to another place.

The next day I was still wondering about Jamaica Flavor (plus the menu looked so good!), so I checked other ratings sites, and they all gave Jamaica Flavor high ranks. My curiosity got the better of me, and I had to get to the bottom of this mystery.

Well..the short of it is that along with my Curried Goat, I had to eat crow. This place was AMAZING--TONS of food, and every teensy morsel of it unbelieveably delicious. My boyfriend got the jerk chicken, we had plantains, cabbage, johnny cakes..the works. I was full 1/2 way through my enormous $9 plate, but kept cramming it in because it was so good. I practically licked the plate!

Wonderful, nice people run the place---mom and pop shop. Friendly and attentive.

Later that day we took the Rail up to Pikes Peak and found ourselves bragging to our seat mates about it. We were official converts--spreading the good word about Jamica Flavor!

Just go--you will not be sorry!

• Visited September 2011

Colorado Springs, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The food is absolutely delicious!”
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Go to Jamaican Flava and order anything on the menu and I guarantee you will not be disappointed. It is, by far, the best Jamaican restaurant in Colorado...PERIOD! I have been eating there since they opened (almost 7 years).

1 Thank Jamrock33364
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Order ANYTHING on the menu... I guarantee it WILL be delicious!”
Reviewed September 1, 2011

The owner has been very friendly and open to answering any questions on all of my visits.
The lunch specials can't be beat! Great value for the quantity and quality.
It is a very small indoor dining room, but there seems to be just as many people ordering to-go as there are dining-in. Having enough room has never been a problem.
My favorite thing about this restaurant is the service. Consistent and genuinely pleasant.

Fountain, Colorado
“Great food :)”
Reviewed August 26, 2011

I use to live close to the restaurant and i went there every other day for lunch; sometimes dinner. I moved 30 min away but i still drive by the many fast food, and other restaurants just to eat there. The owners are awsome! when you are there it doesnt feel like your in a restaurant, but a cosy dinning hall with family. The food is awsome and i loveeee the chicken soup. They got so many different delicious choices and its worth the trip everytime.

Bismarck, North Dakota
“Friendly and Fantastic!”
Reviewed August 26, 2011

After reading the reviews on here I decided to give the the place a try. First thing, it is very hard to find, especially at dark. Although the physical address may be Academy, it is really just west of Academy on Hancock. Take the first left (south) and the cafe is on your immediate left. It has a very bright sign but because of its placement it can be a challenge.
Second thing, they close at 8pm, however... I was stymied in the King Soopers parking lot on the north side of Hancock and did some frantic searching for the phone number (wasn't on this site UNTIL now), called them up and the owner explained how to get there. Now, he could have said, "we are closed" but didn't. I also didn't notice the hours on the door, and it wasn't until I attempted to order the oxtail that I was told I had to accept what they had left because it was after hours. What sort of place these days serves people after hours!?!?! Crazy...
Third thing, I had the jerked pork, plantains, and some rice all for less than $10. I had a Jamacian ginger beer while waiting and took a second one for the road and spent all of $14. What sort of place charges so little for great food these days!?!?!? Even crazier...
Finally, the food was very flavorful but not overly spicy. I read that other reviewers were able to get theirs a bit spicier, but I assume this is the price I had to pay for coming in late.
I am not from the Springs, but this is on my "hit at least twice when in town" list.

1 Thank mholly99_11