“Amazing Jamaican Food”

Jamaican Flavor
Ranked #287 of 1,467 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Caribbean
Reviewed August 21, 2011

My husband & I (from Boston and making a food stop in CS) went here based on other TA reviews, and the food was incredible. It is - what I would call - a little joint. When we went, it looked like a husband & wife ran the tiny place, and they were both so nice, and the flavors were amazing in the food. I had the goat curry and my husband had the jerk pork - we both raved. OMG the fried plantains are out of this world!!!!

I heard the guy tell a few other customers they could even try some of the sauces to see if they liked the meal (before they ordered it). (You order a cash register, sit down, your meal comes to you, and then you pay.)

Some of their menu items are "prepared to order" - which means they take about 45 minutes, but you can call ahead to get these going.

I'll try to post a pic of the menu soon....

1  Thank Jrlisak

Reviewed August 9, 2011

We arrived after closing one evening and walked in. The owner/manager welcomed us and said that they were closed but they would gladly put together a plate for us. We ended up with a heaping plate full of great food. The food ultimately cost $9, a great deal. the restaurant was hard to find but worth it.

Reviewed August 5, 2011

I fell in love with Jamaican food on a Caribbean trip. Jerk Chicken, Curry Goat, Meat Pies! But I couldn't find anything remotely like it in Colorado....until I found Jamaica Flavor! Fabulous meats, cabbage, beans and rice. From the standard to the exotic. Try it and you will love it too!

Reviewed August 1, 2011

If you are afraid to try something different, this is not the place for you. The place is small, and in a small outdated strip mall, and not that easy to find. Once you get inside and look at the menu, you know you are in for a treat. The owner / chef was very nice, and took the time to explain the menu items.
My colleague and I both had the spicy jerk chicken, and it was out of this world!

I would highly recommend this establishment, and hope he can stay with it through this recession.

1  Thank hehasawifeyouknow
Reviewed July 30, 2011

We were passing through while traveling and were wanting to sample some local fare. It turns out Jamaica Flavor is a legit authentic place. The Jamaican owner cooks the food and cares about the customer. Great music. Relaxed, great value w all plates under $10. Pork is tender and jerk chicken has got the HEAT....BUT ITS AWESOME!!!