“Best Casual Eastern Mediterranean Food in COS”

Taste of Jerusalem Cafe
Ranked #263 of 1,466 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Description: middle eastern food,.voted best of the springs,(2008/2009)best shawarmah(gyros)voted by: gazette & independent.
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Great lamb, great falafel and excellent fresh pitas and hummus. Been there several times and never disappointed!

1  Thank SCalCanz

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Quick stop in Colorado springs. Good quality food, quick service, decent prices. I would reccomend stopping if you're in the neighborhood.

1  Thank cjmw62
Reviewed August 6, 2012

in contrast to a previous reviewer, I consider the baklava to be excellent; I'm not sure how the prices compare to other places, maybe it is overpriced, but it's some of the best stuff I've ever had (they have up to six different varieties that I've seen, I've tried most of them, the pistachio being my favorite) and goes great with the turkish coffee, which is THE ABSOLUTE BEST TURKISH COFFEE I'VE EVER HAD. Sorry for the screaming, but I'm a coffee snob, and this is serious business to me. They serve it in the traditional small, long handled copper pot alongside the demitasse cup, and it seems that they flavor it with a bit of cardamom or something, and sometimes they go ahead and sweeten it a little bit for you, so it comes out perfect sometimes, much better than turkish coffee at other mediterranean places I've tried, and usually turkish coffee is some of the best stuff you can get regardless.

so, you can see I think very highly of the turkish coffee and baklava. but the food is also great. Yes, the place is sort of in a strip mall type of location downtown, very small and the mcdonald's type tables don't contribute much to the atmosphere, and yes they may serve the food on paper plates with plastic utensils, but the food more than makes up for it. Mediterranean food is one of my favorites and I try it anywhere and everywhere I can, and this place is up there near the top; they almost seem to have more of a traditional authentic feel with the hummus and so on, and everything I've had there has been excellent.

1  Thank kakos_theo
Reviewed April 30, 2012

My husband & I got their falafel sammy.. Delicious.. Perfectly crispy! Good prices too.

1  Thank Fatties-at-heart
Reviewed April 29, 2012

We do a lot of take out from this cafe...and have eaten in Turkey to Jerusalem, the food is exactly what you would expect, and is delicious. Great prices, too!

1  Thank ViviannaLuan