“Good food, questionable service”
Review of Paravicini's

Paravicini's
Reserve with OpenTable
Paravicini's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 1,431 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 28th
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Good food, questionable service”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I beat my husband to the restaurant and took a look at the wine list. When I asked the waitress about the house wines, she had no answers and finally said "to be honest, all of our house wines taste the same to me". Gee, thanks for the assistance! She actually laughed at me when I didn't know how to pronounce one of the kinds of wine (ok, so I'm not a wine expert!) and not in that "no one can pronounce that one" nice kind of way--in a "you are an idiot" tone. So, I picked a wine.

Then,I literally had to flag her down to order an appetizer--she was pretty much just a snot every time I talked to her. I saw her also completely ignoring a co-worker who was trying to hand her a menu when I first arrived.

Once my husband got there, her demeanor completely changed. Her first interaction was snotty--husband even commented "wow, she doesn't like you!". Next time and from then on, she was mysteriously pleasant. But by then, she had definitely given me negative feelings about the evening.

The bruchetta was tasty but had fairly large globs of garlic that really "bit" when you got one. My husband said he was still tasting it after his meal, it was so strong and unpleasant.

House salads were difficult to eat because they were in these little tiny bowls and our lettuce kept falling out. Very uninspired salad--some lettuce with a few shredded carrots. Was very surprised to see it not better than this, although the salad dressing was quite tasty.

I had the pompodoro (sp?) and husband had the chicken. Both were quite good but not as spectacular or unexpected as I would have expected, based on the reviews this place has received. Portions were quite generous.

Finished off with a Bailey's and coffee--needless to say, major yum there!

We'll go back but I wasn't really impressed.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“I guess the owner doesn't care anymore”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Jean and I had lunch at Paravinini's today (with 6 other people) and at least half of us were VERY disappointed. Jean ordered Italian Wedding Soup and was very surprised that it appeared to be rather ordinary chicken vegetable soup with some token spinach leaves and meatballs thrown in. I ordered what the menu described as a Panini - this sandwich was still cold as if it had come right out of the refridgerator! I sent it back since it obviously had never been exposed to any source of heat. The two ladies who sat across from us ordered the lobster bisque - both thought that the flavor was a bit "off" like it was improperly stored for too long a time. In general our party agreed that this place was not worth what it cost for lunch today. Could it be that the owner has some other venture and just doesn't care about this one anymore?

Fort Collins, Colorado
“Great place!”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Definitely get a reservation beforehand, this place is rip-roaring on weekends! We had one and still had to wait a little while past the time.
Service is great. We didn't order anything fancy but the food is really good. I had the penne alla vodka which was awesome! Don't fret the reviews saying its 100 plus dollars for a couple. We got out for around fifty dollars with apps and drinks plus our meal w/salads and we gorged!
Everyone was competing for street parking when we were there but there was a parking lot in the rear that was near empty in the back. Its not well lit so keep your claws at-ready!

“A Favorite of Ours”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I love to go to Paravicini's. The food is consistantly good we have always had good service. Make sure you have a reservation on weekends as it really fills up.

Visited October 2012
Colorado
“Good neighborhood Italian food at high prices.”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I like this restaurant very much. The portion sizes are ample, the food is good, and the atmosphere is very pleasant. The only drawback is the price. For $100 (without wine), an Italian dinner for two needs to stand out above and beyond other Italian meals. Sadly this is not the case. Anybody would be lucky to have this as their neighborhood Italian place, but go for the Lunch specials and avoid dinner, which is grossly overpriced. Also my server didn't know where the shrimp for the special came from, then just told me "everything comes from Sysco." For the tips she was pulling in that night I felt like she could brush up on the menu for five minutes and be able to answer some questions. I'll go back, but only after I've tried the other restaurants close to my house.

• Visited October 2012