“Limited Choice a Disappoitment”

Joseph's Fine Dining
Ranked #94 of 1,423 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Arcturus
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Limited Choice a Disappoitment”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

My husband and I used a groupon in our recent visit to Joseph's. We were surprised and a bit disappointed by the limited choices. We have always enjoyed the spinach salad which is prepared tableside. This was not a choice on the limited menu, so we didn't eat any of the choices for soup/salad and opted to pay extra to have the spinach salad. My salmon and risotto were both very good but my husband said the pork was a bit tough and dry. Although they had some nice desserts on the limited menu (e.g. cheesecake and mousse), I personally did not like any of the choices, but they were willing to substitute a sorbet at no additional cost. Last time we used a groupon we were able to order anything from the menu and simply pay for all costs above the groupon value. I don't know why they went to a limited menu, but it is likely to affect my decision to visit the restaurant again as it is pretty expensive without the coupon.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank cmbrown88

Colorado Springs, CO
“A delicious surprise!”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

We bought the groupon and were thrilled with our meals. We ordered the white trout and it was just amazing. Don't miss the tableside spinach salad! It was incredible. This was the best that we have had here in the springs....upscale but worth the price!

• Visited November 2013
Colorado
“Very good, but some improvement necessary”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Joseph's has great flavors at work. The dishes are well presented and simple, but the flavors are masking the average quality of the food. My girlfriend and I used the Groupon deal that other diners have mentioned and both agreed that the deal made dining at Joseph's worthwhile, but otherwise it would have been too expensive for what it is. For bread, they are using the most awful, bland, pre-made loaves that you just pop in the oven for a couple minutes to warm up. The butter is whipped nicely, but unsalted, so it's just a lump of bland white bread from a box with bland whipped butter on it. We were hungy so we ate the bread anyway, but it's a long way to fine-dining from that prefabricated stodge.
The choice of appetizers, entrees. and desserts is limited for the deal, but we both found something we wanted on the list. The Clam Chowder was really amazing, one of the best I've ever had. The stuffed mushrooms are just ok, as it's just a plain white mushroom. Again, the flavor of the filling helps elevate an otherwise average mushroom. The small salad that comes with the mushrooms is dressed with a very sweet dressing and some canned Mandaring oranges, but I still enjoyed it. My girlfriend's Salmon was very nice, and the mashed potatoes were buttery, smooth, and rich. I ordered my Pork Chop with pesto risotto which was the highlight of the night. The Chop itself was good, but a little overcooked for my taste and the sauce was very sweet. For me, the asparagus was too al-dente but my girlfriend enjoyed it. For dessert we had both options, a chocolate mousse and a cheesecake. The mousse is very yummy, but thick and not at all light and airy. The cheescake was kind of blah and had way too much graham cracker crust (about a 1/2 inch thick).
The dining experience was very nice, but for the price, Joseph's is going to have to do a lot better to get us back in. I can't justify eating there without the coupon.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank LovesEats
San Francisco, California
“WOW!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Wow! What a meal - both steak and risotto were excellent. Service was top rate and wine list was reasonable for a high-end restaurant Though away from downtown, the drive was worth the extra effort. Would gladly go again if the the Colorado Springs area.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank rlwlawrisk
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Upscale and charming”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Discovered Joseph's using a Groupon. The area surrounding the restaurant is a little rundown but once you get inside you realize that someone has spent a lot of time decorating this restaurant to make it a pleasant dining experience. We were given choices of 3 appetizers, 3 entrees and 3 desserts. I had a tough time deciding because each option sounded mouth watering. All of the food is beautifully prepared and presented. They mixed up our side dishes, but they corrected it. Not to miss is the risotto as a side and the chocolate mousse for dessert. If you like them, you will love these. It appeared that a middle aged lady was coordinating all of the service and from what I could tell she runs a tight ship. We will return here for special occasions.

• Visited September 2013