“Great location, great price, friendly staff, clean rooms”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy
Ranked #45 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

My family stayed here for 3 nights. We had no problems at all. The room was clean, affordable and convenient to many of the things we wanted to do while in CS. Breakfast is the usual, however the gentleman overseeing the breakfast room, Garrett, is very nice and went out of his way to be helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014
Tami L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We are always happy to have you stay with us! Glad that you found us friendly and hospitable!! We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Let me start off by saying that the hotel can't control every contingency. I get that. But when we stayed at this hotel there was a noisy girls basketball team staying on the same floor. One night we had to call the front desk and they got the adult supervision to get the girls to stop slamming doors, talking loudly, and running up and down the halls. Next night, same problem. Air conditioning in the room was hard to control. It was either freeze to death or die of heat. Made sleeping at night difficult. Overall if you're looking for more than a very basic experience and plan to stay more than a night or two, I'd look for another hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Tami L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear Deli8,
thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am so sorry that experienced noise issues during your stay at Fairfield Inn & Suites Colorado Springs North USAFA! It can be difficult to control energetic young people on a road trip! I trust that your call to the desk helped to subdue these young people. I hope that our staff was kind and courteous and tried to mitigate your inconvenience. Please give us a call the next time you are heading through Colorado Springs, and give us another try!

I remain,
At your Service!

Reviewed May 25, 2014

I was travelling with a business group that had a business meeting in downtown Colorado Springs the next day. The hotel is easy access off the freeway, near food & gas -- and as always the Fairfield offers FREE breakfast in the morning which means it's a great value.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Tami L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Jeff K,
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel! We are easily accessible to Colorado Springs, Downtown, and all of the amazing attractions that our city has to offer! We are glad that you find our Fairfield Inn & Suites USAFA to be a good value, and hope that the next time you visit Colorado Springs that you will again choose Fairfield Inn & Suites Colorado Springs North USAFA!
Travel Safe!

Reviewed April 27, 2014

The hotel is located and is easily accessible from the highway. Shops and restaurants are close by. The staff were very professional and helpful. Check-in was painless. Staff were very friendly. The breakfast included was good. Coffee was good, and available 24-7.

The room was clean, the colors are great. It sounds girly, but colors of the room does make a difference in how you can relax in there. The bed was firm enough, and did offer a good night sleep. Pillows were a bit too soft for me.

They have a fitness room, indoor pool, and laundry room. I didn't get to use them, but if I had my family with me, it would have been great. There is a "business room" where a computer with internet and printer were provided for use for free. The lobby is very relaxing to sit in and enjoy the paper, with adequate seating.

Breakfast is the usual breakfast served: eggs, sausage, bagels, bread, cereal, oatmeal, juice, etc. Food temperatures were adequate. There were 2 ladies that kept the dining area clean at all times. Both ladies were very friendly. This is always a plus, in my opinion, to a hotel's success, because friendly staff makes for a more pleasant stay.

Recommendations:
1. Sell mints in your "mini-store."
2. Provide lotion in the bathroom.
3. Place a hook on the wall between the bathtub and the toilet so we can easily access towels after shower use.
4. Contract with local shuttle companies to be able to get picked-up from your hotel to go to Denver Int'l Airport. I had a friend drop me off at another hotel to pick-up the shuttle.

About me: I was on business, and stayed from 4/23 to 4/25. I was given the first floor room next to the laundry room/pool. Stay away from that room if you can. It's a high traffic area, and I could hear the washer/dryer running late in the evening. I had to keep the TV on at a low level to drown the sound. Other than that, it was a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the 2nd floor whenever possible, and away from the laundry room / pool room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear pi3point14nj,
Thank you for your nice review of our hotel! It is a little noiser by the pool, but next time you visit - Bring your family!!! We appreciate the comments about our staff, as you are correct that a smiling face can make such a difference in your stay!
Wherever your travels take you - Enjoy the Ride!

Reviewed March 28, 2014

I stayed at this hotel and while the room was great, when I went to breakfast, it was overrun by little kids. The parents were letting then run wild with no care for other hotel guests. I literally had to step around kids just to get to the buffet. The hotel staff (who was there to replenish the food) did nothing about it! When I went to another area of the restaurant just to escape the kid chaos, I had a little kid apparently trying to harass me from behind my chair. (I kept hearing sounds from behind my chair, but wasn't sure what it. Then, a parent finally came up and pulled her child away saying he should be respectful of other guests (really!). Obviously, the hotel cared more about kids (and their paying parents) than their other paying guests. They have lost this guest (and probably others)!!!! (and to all you rude parents out there--think about teaching your kids some manners!!)

Room Tip: Don't go to this hotel!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
tforcegm, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Dear Joe T,
I am so sorry about the inconvenience that you experienced in our breakfast area during your stay. I understand the need for that first cup of coffee as a calm start to the day. I am sorry that you were disturbed and sad that you feel you will not stay with us in the future. We try to make certain that all of our guests feel welcome and accepted. Where ever your travels take you we hope they are safe and comfortable.

Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

I wish I could rate more than just a 5, this place is outstanding. The room was spotless, the breakfast was delicious, and the staff is so kind & helpful. We were on the 3rd floor and had such a beautiful view of Pikes Peak! To those complaining of the cars or train, unless you're an incredibly light sleeper there are no disruptions, whatsoever. We're coming to Colorado soon and we will be staying here!! Thank you so much Marriott!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Tami L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear Callalea,
Thanks so much for your very nice review! I am so happy that you enjoyed your visit with us! We do have spectacular views!!!! We look forward to having you stay with us the next time you are in our area! Thank you for choosing Fairfield Inn & Suites Colorado Springs North USAFA!
Safe travels!

Reviewed March 18, 2014

I found this location to be very noisy! Other reviews mention paper thin towels...how about the paper thin walls? Doors slamming...walls shaking and interstate noise! (I could hear footsteps next door and people blowing their nose) The wifi is very slow. This is not a great location for work related travel or rest. I'm very disappointed. I won't stay here again...

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Tami L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Dear Laurie746,
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on Trip Advisor. First, let me apologize for the noise that you experienced while you were with us. I am so sorry that you were inconvenienced. Our internet is usually pretty good, so I was surprised to hear that you experienced problems with it. If you have time, would you contact me directly via email so that I can get more information about the internet problem? I would like to make sure that we get it resolved! my Email is ffi.cossm.gm@marriott.com. Again, please accept my apology for any inconvenience that you experienced!
I remain,