Fairfield Inn & Suites Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy
Ranked #44 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed June 2, 2012

My family stayed for 3 nights while enjoying the sights in Colorado Springs. I felt it was a little further away from attractions than I would have liked. The hotel is clean and in a good area with good food choices. I felt the beds were very uncomfortable and the shower heads were horrible. It took forever to get the shampoo out of my hair. They did not provide many towels upon arrival, but when I requested extras they were very responsive. The free breakfast was nice!

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Tami L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Dear LisaM,
thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review! We are a little bit north of the major attractions, but we hope you found our location a little more relaxing than some of those hotels "in the thick" of it! I am sorry that you found our beds uncomfortable, I will research your room, and see if there was a problem with the foundation! The Rainshower shower heads are a little different than some other hotels, I am sorry that you found them less than adequate in rinsing your shampoo out. When next you are in the area, please give us another try, we will be happy to change out your shower head if you will let us know you are coming in order to give you a faster rinse out! We are glad that you liked our breakfast! We appreciate your business and hope that you will come back and stay with us in the future! Happy Summer!!

I remain, At your Service!
Tami L

Reviewed May 19, 2012

This hotel was very nice to stay in. Very clean and safe! We stayed in the suite which was like being in a studio apartment! I ended up sleeping on the pull out sofa which was very uncomfortable and the blanket you get is thin fleece. That would be my only complaint.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Tami L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

Dear Kayla S,
Thank you for your review! I am sorry that you didn't sleep well on the sleeper sofa. :(
The Suite is a great room, the space is nice and the upgraded amenities of 2 tv's, a stereo in the sitting area and an IHome in the bedroom are really nice! We hope you enjoyed our breakfast, and it seems you had a good experience with the staff service and the entire hotel! We really appreciate your business and hope that the next time you are in Colorado Springs that you will choose us. Thanks again for your nice review!

I remain, At your Service!
T Long

Reviewed May 16, 2012

This hotel is very nice. Free breakfast was a great find. I travel with 4 people, and having the breakfast right in the hotel was huge.

the staff at the front desk and lobby are great.

the hotel is convenient to everything in that area. I found plenty to do and even a trail for running.

the housekeeping seems to be the only area they need improvement on. opened the pull out sofa bed the first night, and the sheets and blanket has not been made. they were dirty.
they also did not replace my dirty towels one day.

I can look past that, because the hotel is great for the price.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Dear ryanleeh,
Thank you for taking time to post a review on Trip Advisor!! What a nice review! I apologize for the housekeeping glitch! I will make sure to talk to them about this, so that it doesn't happen in the future! We really appreciate your business and hope that the next time you are in our area that you will, once again, come and stay at our Fairfield Inn & Suites! Have a great summer!

I Remain, At your Service!
T Long

Reviewed November 29, 2011

I have been to the Colorado Springs area three times for business. My first visit I booked this hotel by accident and ended up going to another Fairfield Inn & Suites Colorado Springs Air Force Academy. When I went to check in the hotel looked dirty and the hotel staff left the desk for a long period of time. Once I realized I was at the WRONG HOTEL I first had a tremendous sigh of relief that I didn't have to stay and then I had to get directions on my own to the correct Fairfield Inn & Suites Colorado Springs North Air Force Academy. I'm sure you can already tell how this is confusing. This hotel is great. Clean, new, what a difference. I was thrilled that I didn't have a reservation at the first Fairfield that I went to by mistake. When I checked in I was told that this is the newest hotel in the Colorado Springs area. The rooms look brand new. I don't like travelling but I slept great. I was upgraded to a suite and had a separate living room area. Two TVs, large bathroom and FREE internet. Breakfast was great each morning. I stayed for one week each visit and got to know the front desk team. Even the owner was at the property and thanked me for staying at his hotel. The hotel was conveniently located to shopping and restaurants. Even Marriott makes it hard to find this place on the website. Once you find it you will always want to stay at this hotel. Don't confuse this hotel with the old nasty one at the south end of town. This has got to be the best kept secret in town.

Room Tip: Always check if they have a suite available if you are staying for longer times. They also have ext...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank gpatterson04
KelkyMan, Owner at Fairfield Inn & Suites Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2011

Thank you for your comments. We are often confused with that hotel so I appreciate your willingness to try to clarify this for our future guests. We pride ourselves in our "homey" atmosphere and our attention to cleanliness and guest service. We love our location close to the Academy and in the Town of Monument with its many wonderful families and businesses. I hope your travels bring you back to us soon

Reviewed November 6, 2011

I stay here all the time when in Co springs and as always a great stay the room was super clean a nice staff its a good dependable stay. The best part of the hotel is its a new remodel.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better for Mountain view
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Our five-pound Pom Doodlebug thoroughly enjoyed her stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites near the Air Force Academy on September 8, 2011. The reception staff provided her with warm and helpful assistance. She enjoyed running down the halls, walking outside on the grass, and looking at the Rampart Range. Her caretakers liked the exceptionally clean rooms and terrific breakfast too. Doodlebug gives this hotel a five paw rating!

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain-view room.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
AimeeTylor, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2011

Ah, this may be my favorite review of our hotel yet... what better way to see the good and bad of your home-away-from-home but through the eyes of our four-legged friends? Being a pet-friendly hotel isn't always easy, but it is awesome and rewarding. We take special care to maintain our hotel so that guests who have allergies to pets are not bothered by those that stayed before them. It's worth the work we put in when we see the happy faces of pets and owners alike when they are greeted like they are just another member of OUR family. Thanks for letting us be the place you stay in Colorado Springs. Aimee Tylor

Reviewed September 13, 2011

We stayed here for a friend's wedding that was down the road, and I was pleasantly surprised with everything. The staff was friendly and attentive. I had called the front desk for a bottle of lotion and it was at my door in less than 3 minutes. The rooms were sizeable and clean and comfortable. The hot tub was a nice addition for a relaxing dip after all the hiking at the national parks that were just a quick jump down the highway. The breakfast wasn't spectacular, but it certainly wasn't unappetizing. Overall, I must say I was very pleased with the whole hotel experience.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple