“Relaxing atmosphere with great food.”

Caspian Cafe Mediterranean
Reserve with OpenTable
Caspian Cafe Mediterranean is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 1,437 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Garden of the Gods Rd
Description: Bringing wonderful dishes from the Mediterranean to a Colorado Springs Restaurant, Caspian Café is sure to please the palate with amazing flavors prepared by Chef Daniel White. Dishes represent the full range of the Mediterranean from French and Greek Classics such as Steak Nicoise and Gyros to Middle Eastern Dishes such as Falafel and Shish Taouk. Full service bar and private dining area available for banquets. Evening reservations recommended.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Relaxing atmosphere with great food.”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

My wife and I enjoy this spot for celebrations or just a night out. The service is great and Asia is one of our favorite servers. Any of the lamb dishes are a treat and the appetizers and desserts could be a meal by themselves. Great iced tea and the gyro is a treat for lunch.

“Caspian Cafe”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I had a Groupon coupon for Caspian Cafe and feel that I made an outstanding choice going there. The atmosphere was very pleasant and the menu extensive with the country noted that each item came from. I had a pasta dish with a tomato sauce, veggies, and tiger shrimp which was outstanding. The dessert I chose was one of the more expensive ones on the menu but well worth it. It was a slice of brownie cake with cookie crumbs and other things. The serving staff was very hospitable and immediately took care of every thing I asked for. The owner came over and was very happy that everything was perfect. I am looking forward to going back there some time soon.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Really good Mediterranean cuisine”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My husband and I first discovered Caspian Café when we moved to the Springs three years ago. It is right next to I-25 but you would never know it once you are inside. The décor is pretty dated (70's vintage) but is well maintained. The wait staff is efficient and friendly, and I understand they have belly dancers for entertainment some evenings, but we haven't been there for that. The real draw is the food; we have been there numerous times and sampled most of the menu and have never been disappointed. My favorite is the mussels, which have a very tasty sauce that isn't loaded with cream and cheese (you can kid yourself that it's non-fattening). It would be a good date venue, as they don't have music blasting like most other restaurants seem to. It really isn't that appropriate for kids, as the menu is pretty sophisticated, unless your little guys have an adventurous palate. It would also be good for business lunches because of the quiet atmosphere. The only reason I don't rate it excellent is because of the décor.

• Visited August 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“My Go-To Restaurant in the Springs”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

When I want to really enjoy a meal that I couldn't have made at home any better, I make reservations at Caspian Cafe. It's pricey, but the food is consistently excellent and decadent. I almost always go for the "pasta special" that the waitstaff will tell you about when you arrive. (They have a beef, a fish, and a pasta special of some kind for the evening.) I'm a vegetarian who occasionally eats seafood, and the pasta special is usually some kind of delicious wine/cream/olive oil sauce tossed with pasta and vegetables (like mushrooms, artichoke hearts, sundried tomatoes - it varies) and served with "grilled tiger shrimp." They grill the huge shrimp to perfection and arrange them around the outside of your pasta, so I can share them with the man I'm with if I don't feel like eating so much fish that day. I usually order a glass of their Super Tuscan to go with it, and then I just sit there in bliss and enjoy my meal. I also recommend their "nut roll" (can't remember the full name of it) and a cup of their house coffee for dessert if you still have room. The nut roll is basically like Baklava but with more nut filling, and their coffee is a delicious companion to it. Any time my friends or family have ordered the beef special, it has gotten rave reviews as well, and the fish special is great if you want a lighter meal because they usually serve it with a side of basmati rice and steamed or sauteed vegetables. However, I admit that my favorite part of the dining experience is getting greeted by the host. He's this tall Mediterranean gentleman who shakes hands with the men and kisses the women on the cheeks. If I don't get that kiss on the cheek, I just don't feel complete! :-)

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely Evening”
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

We had a very nice evening. The food was tasty, we tried a lamb dish and the gyro plate. And the soup of the day - coconut pumpkin butternut squash with jalapeño pesto was amazing! The service was outstanding and the staff is very friendly. The owner is very warm, and committed to making sure you are satisfied with your dining experience. The ambience is warm and pleasant, and the belly dancer was a nice addition. We will definitely be back.

Visited November 2013