“USArmySoldier”

TravelStar Inn & Suites
TravelStar Inn & Suites
Ranked #82 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed August 12, 2012

OKAY, first of all I am not used to staying in Motels but it was cozy for the money. It used to be a Ramada Inn so I figured it was nice enough to stay in. I am currently undergoing a divorce and I needed a place to stay for a week for the income I am dealing with since no barracks room were available for me so, to me it was clean enough without roommate hassle. The management offers continental brkfst, free internet, free cable, AC, clean towels daily and I had a microwave and a Refrigerator. They even have a pool. I met the Korean family and they happen to be the business owners and they are hoping to open the restaurant one day. My first duty station was Korea so I wanted to support and I believe you would enjoy the service. They have Korean watchdogs which made me respect the Korean culture even more. I do wish they could provide a free cont'l breakfast menu to go though.

Room Tip: Great value for the money.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank SmithUSArmy

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Room Tip: If you are on low budget and need an economical place to chill for a few days for whatever reasons...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank SmithUSArmy
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I have stayed in a lot of hotels around the country and the staff here is by far the best. They cleaned the room everyday and the rates were perfect.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jennifer D
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Ok, I booked through hotels.com but they suck and have horrible costumer service so I am writing my review on here. I stayed here a couple years back and had no problems, but I stayed 7/7/2012 and it was a horrible experience! The room smelt nasty, later to find out it was bug spray. After being in the motel for about 2 hours, we found baby ants on the table, and checked the other tables along with the microwave, which had ants all over as well. Went and complained to the front desk and he grabbed bug spray to spray our room and expected us to still want to stay in that room, refusing to, he gave us another room, and went and checked it out, and it had ants as well. I called hotels.com and they were unable to find another hotel available for us, so we went to the front desk to check out and said we wanted our money back, and the guy threw our room keys across the desk and pretty much freaked out and refused to give us our money back and put us in another room(the suite), but at this point I was so upset I just wanted a room without ants. So we checked out the suite, and it didn't appear to have aunts until the next morning. The hotel manager was rude to us and was infested with ants. Don't stay here, even if it was only a dollar per night, I'd never stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Dancinchicken911
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I had booked this hotel through hotels.com for 9 nights. Half of the reviews were good, half bad. I thought we would give it a chance. I am so sorry we did! Stayed only 1 night because of the following: People were yelling obscenities at someone outside their rm. No towels in rm. except for 1 dirty washcloth. 1/2 roll of toilet paper, no extra. Had to hold coffee maker pot up to have coffee drip into cup. Very few lights worked in rm. Blood stain on one pillow. Lipstick stain on another pillow. Graffiti name on back of bathroom door. Security latch lock kicked in, broken, & unusable. Spa filled with dirt & weeds. Kiddie pool taped off & unusable. Exercise rm. unusable. In other words, BELIEVE the negative reviews!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Motherof68w
Reviewed December 10, 2011

We had just had a terrible experience just across the street. But TravelStar Inn was clean, quiet and comfortable. The beds, floors, bathroom were immaculate. The place was quiet and we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank KLucy
Reviewed October 12, 2011

We were not given a no smoking room as requested, the first room they tried to put us in had guests below that were blaring their music, the rooms were dirty the towels were either stained or not fresh the bathroom was dirty, and it is in a bad part of town. If I hadn't already made a reservation and prepaid I would have asked for a refund and found another hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple