“Nice clean, spacious rooms, handy to Pikes Peak”

Rainbow Motel Colorado Springs
Ranked #52 of 103 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed January 13, 2010

We stayed here for two nights on a family holiday in October 2009. The room we had (109) was 2-bedroom with a kitchen and was perfectly adequate. The beds were large and comfortable and each bedroom had a TV and its own ensuite. The staff here are very friendly and will go out of their way to help you. We found this to be the ideal location in Manitou Springs - very close to the Cog Railway to Pikes Peak and handy to Garden of the Gods and Manitou Cliff Dwellings. Don't be put off by the appearance from the street - it is built in a pueblan style which makes it look daggy - the rooms really are a hidden gem. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed November 10, 2009

First time I stayed in Manitou, I stayed at the Swiss Chalet Motel, just a couple of blocks east of where Manitou Springs proper starts. The next morning I went for a walk & a bus ride into Manitou, & I was overjoyed to see vintage motel neons and even better, classic "motor court"-type motels. There's something about parking your car in a carport or garage between your room & an adjacent room that harkens back to family vacations.
Every time since, when I've come to the Springs area, I've stayed here at the Rainbow. If I've had to be in Denver, or gone to a football game at Boulder, the Rainbow makes the 70 miles or so worth the drive.
My only gripe is I've never been here when the pool is open, although I have stayed in the units overlooking the pool a couple of times. (I work in hotels, and always travel in the "shoulder" times: lower rates, less turistas).
I usually have dealt with the same Polish lady, who has always been really nice, and when I was unable to come due to a sudden blizzard that kept me from coming, she was just fine with a late cancellation.
I love being able to almost totally avoid the blight of Colorado Springs: I come to Manitou. There's some great food, sometimes some decent music, and the Rainbow.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 25, 2009

Stayed here at the last minute after reading the reviews. Checked in with no problems. The staff/owners were so friendly & helpful. We stayed in a room with a king bed. Ecclectic decorations but the room was very clean. Nice, quiet location near restaurants and shopping. They offered a continental breakfast but we didn't get to try it out. Will definitely stay here again if we are in the area! :-)

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2009

We had a 5 day stay that included a weekend and booked a kitchenette to conserve cash. Our trip was a big success mostly due to The Rainbow Lodge & Inn. It was close to everything we wanted to see and do, plus the staff was awesome and made you feel relaxed and at ease. They pay attention to details. No big luxury but good, clean, and comfortable. If you need a place to sleep, eat, and relax a little to get more out of the area attractions, call it home for a week-- you will not be dissapointed. It's not perfect, but it was the perfect place for us. Peter & Diane, Tempe, AZ.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2009

Perfect spot for a grand week long family reunion. Great hosts! Central to all attractions.

• Stayed: July 2009
Reviewed August 21, 2009

This was probably top of the line in its day. The first look especially the attempt at looking southwestern makes it look older, which it is, but don't let this stop you. It still is roomy, very clean,quiet, comfortable, and a good value. The owner- mgrs are from Europe and add some nice touches such as classical music at breakfast ,flowers, and benches to sit on outside each room. We stayed here three days and enjoyed it.
Bookworm

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2009

We made last minute reservations at this hotel, an unexpected trip for a funeral. Several family members booked here, that's why we selected this facility. It is an older motel, but very clean, and comfortable beds. The location was perfect for our needs, and we will be back to enjoy the proximity of area attractions. The hosts were kind and accomodating. I left a bag after checking out, and Eric tracked me down via phone to let me know that he had it! A very personal touch. There are benches and chairs outside of each room. We met our neighbors, shared the days events--sort of like a neighborhood. You can't do that at a "normal" hotel. We'll be back!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colorado Springs
TownePlace Suites Colorado Springs Garden of the Gods
TownePlace Suites Colorado Sprin...
#33 of 103 in Colorado Springs
Days Inn Manitou Springs
Days Inn Manitou Springs
#2 of 10 in Manitou Springs
Days Inn Colorado Springs Air Force Academy
Days Inn Colorado Springs Air Fo...
#43 of 103 in Colorado Springs
Quality Inn South
Quality Inn South
#41 of 103 in Colorado Springs
Homewood Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs North
Homewood Suites by Hilton Colora...
#16 of 103 in Colorado Springs
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#68 of 103 in Colorado Springs

Been to Rainbow Motel Colorado Springs? Share your experiences!