“Clean, comfortable, close to attractions!!”

Rainbow Motel Colorado Springs
Ranked #52 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We just left here today, spent four nights. Our room was very clean. The price was perfect. The owners were super friendly, even giving us tips on great places to run while we were there. Right across the street from Garden of the gods, very close to Manitou Incline, Pikes Peak Cog Railway, downtown Manitou, Old Colorado City and Red Rock Canyon Park. I highly recommend this lodge. Can't wait to bring the kids and stay again!

• Stayed: March 2014

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I was on a budget for this trip and needed a cheap place that had a good bed. I had my sister come check the place out first and she said I would be happy here. For $55/night I was not expecting anything but a clean room and comfy bed. What a surprise when I arrived! The room had a tiny kitchenette and bathroom off of the main room which made it more like an apt. Everything was tastefully decorated and I loved the old hardwood floors! The Kitchen was stocked really well for cooking and the mini fridge even included a little freezer for ice-cream! The owners are very accommodating and friendly. I am disabled so they picked the best room for me and I was thrilled. This will be my go to place from now on when I visit my sister and her family! Thank you Rainbow Lodge for a great value with lots of home comfort!

Room Tip: My room was right across from the office and still very quiet. There were some ping pong players on...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Kim H
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I'm torn how to rate this location - It was clean, it is a bit dated but they do the best with what they have. For us to get a pool and a kitchen, our option was limited for the price we wanted to pay for the area. It's not fancy, but it works and was clean - it was also very close to all the sites we wanted to see. Literally was 15 minutes or less from Garden of the Gods, Seven Falls, Pike Peak Cog, Manitou Cliff dwelling - the Location gave it the extra rating star, the site it's self would have been a 3

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank normb4
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The motel is close-by all major sightseeing sites in the city. But that was the only pro for us. The hotel is enclosed by two very busy and noisy roads.
Although the room was spacious, it was not clean, especially under the beds. The queen bed fell out of the iron frame and the manager promised to fix it. Unfortunately the fix was not permanent and the bed fell apart again the second night! We fixed it ourselves and found that a carpet should have been a much lighter color.
Furthermore we didn't have cold running water as even the toilet was flushed with hot water....
At reporting the broken down bed and the hot water issue, the manager only thanked me for reporting it without even apologizing for the inconvenience.
.unfortunately a disappointing experience for our two last nights in the US.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Essie0101
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed at the Rainbow Inn from July 18-21. We had 7 adults-ages 18-55 and 3 kids, we got rooms 115,116,117 and they were perfect! They are older units but nicely decorated and very clean. The owners were very nice and very helpful. The kids loved the pool. It is very close to all of the main attractions in Manitou Springs. The only thing I would complain about is the breakfast. It was cereal, toast and some Danish pastries, juice, coffee, milk. Which that might be fine for some but it wasn't for my bunch but you are very close to other places for a great breakfast. They also had a laundry room that was $3.00 to wash and dry and they provided detergent and that was great for me considering I had the kids that were going through clothes like crazy.

Room Tip: clean, affordable and good for large groups
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Brook B
Reviewed June 20, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Rainbow Motel for 6 nights and everything was perfect. We had a 2 bedroom apt. very spacious with a kitchen and everything you would need. Owners were very kind and helpful. We really enjoyed the Rainbow Motel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank trudya709
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My sister and brother in law stay here on a frequent basis, at least for the past 7 or 8 years. My sister convinced me to go on a mini vacation this last weekend (Memorial Day weekend), it was myself, my 4 daughters,2 son in laws, 3 grandchildren, my sister and her hubby..her daughter and 2 children and my cousins and their 3 children and 2 friends of my sisters..so it was a big family..we had 6 rooms...and I will tell you what...it was a great time! We relaxed by the pool as the kids swam, bbq'd by our rooms, sat and just visited all day and evening....the rooms were comfy...very clean...the owners are great people. We decided this is going to be our yearly Memorial Day weekend mini vacation spot.....thanks for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: poolside....that is where my room was and I loved it!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family