“Great, clean stay”

Ranked #50 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
“Great, clean stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed at the Rainbow Inn from July 18-21. We had 7 adults-ages 18-55 and 3 kids, we got rooms 115,116,117 and they were perfect! They are older units but nicely decorated and very clean. The owners were very nice and very helpful. The kids loved the pool. It is very close to all of the main attractions in Manitou Springs. The only thing I would complain about is the breakfast. It was cereal, toast and some Danish pastries, juice, coffee, milk. Which that might be fine for some but it wasn't for my bunch but you are very close to other places for a great breakfast. They also had a laundry room that was $3.00 to wash and dry and they provided detergent and that was great for me considering I had the kids that were going through clothes like crazy.

Room Tip: clean, affordable and good for large groups
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Brook B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
San Antonio, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Rainbow Motel for 6 nights and everything was perfect. We had a 2 bedroom apt. very spacious with a kitchen and everything you would need. Owners were very kind and helpful. We really enjoyed the Rainbow Motel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank trudya709
Pueblo, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

My sister and brother in law stay here on a frequent basis, at least for the past 7 or 8 years. My sister convinced me to go on a mini vacation this last weekend (Memorial Day weekend), it was myself, my 4 daughters,2 son in laws, 3 grandchildren, my sister and her hubby..her daughter and 2 children and my cousins and their 3 children and 2 friends of my sisters..so it was a big family..we had 6 rooms...and I will tell you what...it was a great time! We relaxed by the pool as the kids swam, bbq'd by our rooms, sat and just visited all day and evening....the rooms were comfy...very clean...the owners are great people. We decided this is going to be our yearly Memorial Day weekend mini vacation spot.....thanks for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: poolside....that is where my room was and I loved it!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Gilbert, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

So I'm really not writing this to be mean because the owners were very sweet but I really wouldn't stay here if you can help it. I went here based on good reviews but I didn't have a particularly good experience. I knew what to expect for the price but this was worse. Dimly lit, funky smell, just a run-down room. Lots of cracks and minor damages everywhere, the rusted out faucet was halfway falling off the wall in the bathtub. There were hairs in the bed and on the floor. The breakfast room was just unpleasant, we went there the first morning with nothing to choose from, much was stale, and you just sit there staring at the chipped, unkempt walls, just run down. I got a little grossed out and we had to eat out the next morning and I know that might sound dramatic to some but not a pleasant experience. The worst part was the day after we left the motel when I discovered a big, bumpy, red rash across my chest which I guarantee was from the towels not being cleaned, grossed me out so bad and the rash lasted for 2 weeks, definitely dampered the rest of the trip. Like I said, not writing to be spiteful or mean, everyone was very nice there, but you could get something better for the price.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelbugTeacher
Saint Paul, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Sounded good based on reviews- but the motel is dated. Allows pets but there is no place to potty your dog. I ended up trying to cross a very busy 24 with my dog- in my pajamas to find a spot of grass. Some confusion on the pet fee- it was collected on check in (20$) and then requested again on check out. In my opinion- not that great. I wont stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank HooD00
Lincoln, Nebraska
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

The day started out bad as when we arrived for a scheduled stay we found a note saying they were closed until 10.00 PM. They did leave a note with a phone number to call as the staff was at a Christmas party. To give them credit the owners son did come to check us in within in 30 minutes after the phone call.... BUT at first he was angry as there was no record that we had a reservation but I had the conformation number so then he was ok once he seen it was their mistake.
The really bad part is the condition of the room. It had a strong smell of urine or something similar. The carpet is complety worn out and hadn't been vacuumed in a while and the edges and corners were full of stuff. Right in front of the bathroom door is a soft spot in the flooring that has at least 3 inches of give to it. The bathtub caulking was black with mold. The small window heater was not enough to warm the room.
We stayed one night then left for the day and when we returned in late afternoon our son who lives in the Springs came in the room and couldn't believe that we would stay in that room. We then packed up our things and left.
Granted that it could be that this room might be the only bad one at the Rainbow Lodge as we did stay in a different room last year that was ok. But we won't be back. I think he gave us this room because he was angry about having to leave the party

Room Tip: the Comfort Inn is 2 blocks down the street, go there
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank jantraveler9
Reykjavik
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

We loooved our stay here! I don't often rave about about a motel (I mean how often is a motel more than just OK?) but the Rainbow Motel really surprised us. We stayed during the first week of September when the lovely pool was open and the weather was perfect. For $55 they gave us a queen room that was decorated so nicely, very clean, and has the most comfortable bed and linens I've ever experienced in a motel. Very high thread count linens, which  made our sleep so soft and luxurious. Our room also had one of the coolest shower stalls I've ever seen at a motel/hotel - slick black tiles and an enclosed space that makes you feel so comfortable. It accommodates two people very well....

The motel has benches and chairs scattered around everywhere, so you have plenty of areas to sit and lounge at. Try to get one of the rooms by the pool, which have little decks with chairs and a table. We had a great time sitting there in the evening sipping beer and reading our paperbacks.

The one thing that they definitely need to work at is the "free high speed internet". We could hardly connect and when we did, it was too slow to use. They either need to fix this, install a couple more routers around the area, or remove the large "HIGH SPEED INTERNET" sign in the yard.

Other than that, thank you Rainbow Motel for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank choazie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colorado Springs
Quality Inn & Suites, Garden of the Gods
Quality Inn & Suites, Garden of ...
#43 of 105 in Colorado Springs
#9 of 10 in Manitou Springs
Garden of the Gods Motel
Garden of the Gods Motel
#60 of 105 in Colorado Springs

Been to Rainbow Motel Colorado Springs? Share your experiences!