“Fantastic all around!”

Ranked #50 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reykjavik
“Fantastic all around!”
Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

We loooved our stay here! I don't often rave about about a motel (I mean how often is a motel more than just OK?) but the Rainbow Motel really surprised us. We stayed during the first week of September when the lovely pool was open and the weather was perfect. For $55 they gave us a queen room that was decorated so nicely, very clean, and has the most comfortable bed and linens I've ever experienced in a motel. Very high thread count linens, which  made our sleep so soft and luxurious. Our room also had one of the coolest shower stalls I've ever seen at a motel/hotel - slick black tiles and an enclosed space that makes you feel so comfortable. It accommodates two people very well....

The motel has benches and chairs scattered around everywhere, so you have plenty of areas to sit and lounge at. Try to get one of the rooms by the pool, which have little decks with chairs and a table. We had a great time sitting there in the evening sipping beer and reading our paperbacks.

The one thing that they definitely need to work at is the "free high speed internet". We could hardly connect and when we did, it was too slow to use. They either need to fix this, install a couple more routers around the area, or remove the large "HIGH SPEED INTERNET" sign in the yard.

Other than that, thank you Rainbow Motel for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank choazie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed September 8, 2012

My Sister and I did a “Girls Weekend” back in June. We booked 2 nights at the Rainbow Motel. We LOVED it! The room was perfect. The pool was great! The owners were very friendly! There was a mix up with the payment. My card was accidentally charged twice. I called as soon as I discovered it and they were very prompt to correct the matter. I was so pleased – I booked the place for my birthday in October! Can’t wait to go back!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank LTuff
Henderson, Colorado
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We reserved two nights at this hotel for the Labor Day weekend. My husband ending up getting really sick 2 weeks prior, ending up in the hospital. Though he was feeling much better the week of, we were still concerned whether or not he would make it two nights away from home. So on Wednesday, 3 days prior to our check in, (early enough to still cancel or change reservation without penalty), I called the hotel and spoke to the female owner. I told her my husband had been sick and we weren't sure how two nights would go, she told me "no problem"! She said we could keep our reservation for two nights and then if we needed to change it to one night once we got there we could. I thought this was great! They truly were pleasant staff. However, that all changed once we got there. We checked in with no problem. Went to our room, husband went into the bathroom lifted the toilet seat and the whole seat lifted completely off! We took it to the office and they gave us a new room. Yes, this was a nice move, they didn't have to do that, they could have just fixed it but they went above and beyond for the moment. Hotel is in serious need of repair. Later that night, I went to the office to confirm we only wanted to stay one night. My husband was feeling a little ill and wanted to return home the next day. The lady told me she spoke to her husband and he said they could not let us stay just one night because it was the holiday weekend, she said we would have to pay for two nights regardless of whether we stay or not. I completely understand a two night minimum and it being a holiday weekend, my problem is that 3 days prior she told me it would be no problem. As a business owner you don't tell your customer one thing and then change your mind later. I was a little upset at this point and told her but you said otherwise 3 days ago, and she said "that was a mistake". Excuse me! Then she proceeded to question my husbands illness, stating "how sick can he be if he can make it one night". I was floored that a business women such as her self, though not an American, would seriously question me to my face. I had to leave the office immediately so that I did not get into a screaming match with this rude woman. We had no choice but to stay another night, I wasn't going to pay $100 for nothing. The next day we stayed gone most of the day, coming home around 9pm. We told the kids we would go swimming for a little bit since the pool was open until 9:30pm (a little early if you ask me). When we arrived at the pool it was closed! My husband went to the office, where a gentleman (the owner) was sitting outside. My husband asked him why the pool was closed early and he said because he can close it whenever he wants to and he wanted to close it early. He continued to make very rude comments to my husband and even stated, I am too drunk on vodka to continue talking to you! Not exactly the place I expected with all the wonderful reviews. There are so many other hotels in Colorado Springs/Manitou Springs to stay, I would suggest not wasting your money on this place. Very disappointed with our stay and will definitely never stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank Krystle W
popsi12, Owner at Rainbow Motel Colorado Springs, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
First we are not rude cause we are not in business to be rude. When you called 3 days prior to cancel we had no problem with that - it is our policy. We also have a restriction on minimum stay during the weekend it is 2 days, so when you came and only wanted to stay 1 night we had a problem. The pool was closed at 9:20 pm due to cold weather so when your husband came with the kids to swim I explained the situation to him. Unfortunately he was under the influence
of alcohol ( walking around with beer bottle in his hand ) . He was very rude and ready to fight me I was sitting with our customer who was very disturbed by your husband reaction and was
ready to call police.but I talked him out of it. Your husband continue to call explicit names when
i was passing by with another customer to help him open the door. Maybe your husband should go easy on the beer so you would have a nice stay
Cape Town
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed there for a week arriving at 5am and our key was waiting for us. The king room was comfortable, pleasant and sufficient. The staff were pleasant and helpful, prolonging our stay 1 night with absolutely no hassles. Just forget about the breakfast - the bagels were ok but the rest of the food and coffee was untouchable. Still, I'd definitely return next time I'm in Co Springs. Conveniently located walking distance from Garden of the Gods, Manitou Springs, and supermarkets.

Room Tip: King room was fine.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Marius H
Santa Rosa Ca
Reviewed July 26, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the motel four days in July to visit an ill friend in Manitou Springs. After staying in another motel the previous night (which was very clean but right on the road and noisy), we were glad to find a "quiet" motel on Manitou Ave. A little musty upon opening the door but the room reminded me of my grandma's house...big window with two comfy wingback reading chairs and some charm and light through the windows. These units are, as the owner said, built like bunkers with thick walls. This means quiet from the road noise. Nice pool and owners! A very pleasant stay at a very reasonable price during the summer season.

Room Tip: rooms near the back away from the road.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank surfloverSantaRosaCa
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I just drove over 700 miles from Utah and needed a decently priced place to stay before I go to Fort Carson (first duty station). Found this gem on TripAdvisor and checked it out. Stayed for 2 nights and it's amazing! Great price (with Military discount), very friendly staff and great location.

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank HLBratt
London, Canada
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights and had an amazing time in Colorado Springs. The owners of the hotel were so nice and considering the fire threat they had just been through very friendly and helpful. The location could not be beat, just minutes from Garden of the Gods, a couple of blocks from historic Manitou springs and Old Colorado City, only minutes from Pikes Peak and Seven Falls. Our room was spotlessly clean, a huge very comfortable king size bed with a fridge in the room. Also a pool, breakfast and free, very fast, wifi, you really get your money's worth. The building itself is older but is well maintained, it felt like a home away from home and one of our favorite places that we stayed during our vacation.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank rawnyd
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colorado Springs
Quality Inn & Suites, Garden of the Gods
Quality Inn & Suites, Garden of ...
#46 of 105 in Colorado Springs
#43 of 105 in Colorado Springs
Buffalo Lodge
Buffalo Lodge
#5 of 18 in Colorado Springs

Been to Rainbow Motel Colorado Springs? Share your experiences!