Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Colorado Springs
Ranked #77 of 103 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Was only hotel we found while on the road at last minute w/a room available for the 4th (at least at a reasonable rate). Room fairly clean, but walk-in shower needed work - mildew on caulking at floor, broken chunk out of marble trim. No screens on windows. Our room was 2nd from the door and people kept standing outside the door smoking - UGH!! Sits behind a 7-Eleven and next to a McD's and a dumpster was picked up at 5 a.m. and was noisily dropped after empty, so a very noisy location for people who prefer to sleep w/window open - I think it would have awoken us even if window had been closed. Small indoor pool w/spa that took up 1/4 of it. 2 sets of washer/dryers, but one washer broken. Overheard at the desk was a phone conversation regarding their breakfast supplies something to the effect that they don't keep their food properly stocked - were out out everything. Glad I won't be going back there at anytime.

Room Tip: Avoid first floor rooms on entrance side of building if want quiet. Very small indoor pool
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank lucysmom47

Reviewed July 3, 2014

First off the girl at the front desk was so nice! Got to our room, commode wouldn't flush, refrigerator wasn't cold. Went down to the hot tub, no place to turn it on. They had it set on a timer and must have set it for one minute. Got in and it went off. The girl at front desk said no one was there to fix anything till morning and couldn't guarantee it would be fixed before our 4 day stay was up. We will be checking out in the morning. Finally found a place with it being 4th of July weekend.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

We got there late at night, so all we wanted was go sleep. But once we open bed sheet in between was very dirty almost look like with blood. Gross very very gross. A lot of black long hair in bed and around room yuck!! So we end up taking of that blanket we had to go to car to get our own blanket from back of our car! Room overall was just so nAsty and disgusting. We couldn't wait to get out of there! And since that the rest of our road trip we couldn't look at any of these companies hotel!! Just pay little more and stay in clean place!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed May 27, 2014

No breakfast on Saturday, told the clerk, waited 10 min, waited another 10 min, ate cereal with a fork. Sunday, there was breakfast, sugary food from the dollar store, dried out, crumbly eggs, white toast. No hot water, no wake up call, dirty walls, holes in wall, dark and dingy, 2 drawers missing from dresser, room stunk and they were screwed in, we asked for screwdriver, they never came, lampshades soiled and tilted, causing a fire hazard, told the clerk, she did nothing, no coffee pot, no clock, old burned, scratched furniture, yellow pillows, mold on shower curtain, cracked sink, dirty linens, they took my own personal towels and didn't offer any reimbursement. We asked for ground floor or balcony as well as an early check in, didn't get either. Holes in bedspread, We made the reservation 1 week in advance. When we arrived we paid in advance. When we complained, they offered us "cancellation", so they could turn the room over, I guess. Sinister behavior. Questionable characters in lobby. Breakfast room and pool were too small for the amount of guests. They did offer us a 10 percent discount on 1 day, even though we complained the 1st day. Messages were not relayed. Police were there when we came back from the zoo. My husband and I have always stayed at American Best Value and although nothing fancy, we have found them to be clean, affordable, and accommodating. This one however is the exception to the rule. Trust me....you do not want to stay here.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gail S
Reviewed April 7, 2014

The area of Colorado Springs the hotel was located was a little creepy. The overall appearance of hotel was a little trashy. The whole 3rd floor of the hotel smelled like pot. We will absolutely never stay there again. The pool area was a little trashy also.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Krista N
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Very professional staff & service. Pet friendly. Close to University, I-25 and city shopping. Good base for exploring area. Fridge, microwave, laundry room, indoor pool and hot tub.super nice people at Front Desk.
On Garden of the Gods Road, it has quick access to parks, awesome off leash dov parks, mountains, dining and movie theatres.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank marycruse
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We came to this hotel because it was listed as near where our destination to meet with family. The description made it seem like a nice clean hotel for an affordable price. But I very much regret not consulting with my family before I made our "prepaid" reservations. It does not surprise me that this so called "deal" is non-refundable. I am shocked at the positive review listed. It had to be from the staffs family or paid consumers. This poor hotel has not seen any pride taken in it for a long time.
When we first got here, they were going to charge us an additional $400 for our room because they insist that my husband and I called and requested 3 beds. They kept showing us the notes on our reservation. I pointed out that there was only two of us. Why would we need a third bed? I then walked out to the car and let my husband finish the check-in process.
When we walked in through the back door to the hotel, because it is closer to our room, the trash can by the door was full of cat box litter that smelled like it hadn't been changed in months. The smell of feces and urine made my eyes burn.
When we came in the room, it smelled horrible. I tried to turn on the air conditioner to circulate air. It didn't work. I tried to call the front desk...the phone didn't work. I checked out the rest of the room as my husband walked up to the front desk. There is a patched hole next to the toilet paper holder, a crack in the wall by the tub, the shower curtain bar is installed half way over the tub, so it sticks to you. When you take a shower you fight with the curtain until you pull it back and just don't care what water gets on the floor. And you don't want to put too much pressure since the rod is pulling out of the wall.
They give you two stiff ad rough high school locker room towels, one hand towel and one wash cloth. All of which are casually tossed on the rack each morning. The blanket on the bed is full of holes. The sheets are too small. If you move, the sheets pull up under you all night.
When my husband returned from the front desk he said that they had to activate the air conditioner from the front desk and they weren't sure what was wrong with the phone. Tired and already disgusted, I started to unpack. Then he commented about how the guy at the desk had upgraded us to a suite because of the confusion of the costs. I was stunned! This was the BETTER room?!?!?
They advertise a indoor pool and breakfast, but I am afraid to take advantage of either. The lack of care that this hotel has for itself is scary. I sure don't want to risk eating food they take the same care to serve you. Or to be in water that lacks maintenance.
We have reservations for 5 nights, non-refundable! We are only on day three. although the trash can has been emptied, it still reeks of cat poop and urine. The room still smells even though the air has been on since we got here.
I would never recommend anyone to stay at any America's Best Value Inn & Suites. Their online photos and ads do not depict the truth. We stayed at a Super 8 on the way to Colorado Springs and it was a 5 star hotel compared to this. We should have stayed at the Quality Inn on the other side of the freeway from here. I have stayed with them before and NEVER felt like I was staying in a slum!
I have attached photos to assure Trip Advisor plus anyone reading and considering this hotel that this is not a "fake" review.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel. This was the "good" room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family