“Never again!!!”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Colorado Springs
Ranked #76 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights with my daughter's team for a competition. Entire motel is being remodeled. We arrived after midnight and when trying to get to our room, we were greeted by a hallway covered in drywall dust and no carpeting and a large sheet of plywood with an "do not enter" sign on one side and an "emergency exit sign on the other side. The elevator was encased in cardboard from the hand rail to the floor, with a little cut out for the buttons. Toilet didn't work in our room but we were told it could be fixed in 2 hours. Room smelled of fresh paint. A new room with working plumbing was requested and granted. This one, like the first, was very large with a comfortable bed. However, it had no baseboard, curtain barely hanging on the rod; towel rod broke when towel placed on it, no smoke alarm. Housekeeping left us one washcloth. When more were requested on the first evening, we were told they weren't dry yet and we could come any time in the morning and get more. When more linens were requested the next evening (9:30 p.m.) I was told they only had one, but I could come back later. When I persisted, she finally said, " I will have to fetch some from another room." Elevator and hallways were dirty and elevator area reeked of smoke. Breakfast was exactly the same food each morning...pancakes, fake eggs, and sketchy looking gravy for biscuits.
Computer was available for a $2 charge, but no printer was associated with it.
Had it not been for the fact that another team member had made the reservations and I would have been out the $290 I paid for the entire stay, I would have left the next morning.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed February 28, 2012

I reserved a room with two queen beds, upon checking in I was told that my sons and I would be getting a suite with three queen beds, and a separate bedroom with its own t.v . since they were remodeling rooms on every floor and there would b no add'l charge. Sweet! I thought to myself. We checked out the pool and hot tub and it seemed well maintained etc.... Going up to the room, I couldn't help notice that the hallways and the elevator weren't clean, as if they hadn't been vacuumed in awhile.
Arriving in our room, at first glance I was surprised.....very large and plenty of chairs and room to spread out. Upon closer examination I noticed that the room was only vacuumed around the edges. There was old food crumbs under the table, alongside edges of the beds and walls. There was a large sticky spot on the tile floor underneath the sink area like a spilled drink that had never been cleaned up. The shower curtain rod fell down off the wall when I pulled the curtain back to inspect the tub. It was fixed 4 hrs. later by a guy with only one screw on each end of the rod brackets....crappy job. The metal towel shelf was no better. It was just barely secured to the wall and leaned heavily away from the wall. The toilet constantly ran throughout the day and nite....irritating. When I contacted the front desk about it, I was told it would be fixed ASAP.....never happened.
So onto other things.....There were two televisions, and neither of them had a working remote control. One was broken and held together with electrical tape. The screens had a thick, sticky coating on them, hadn't been cleaned in some time. The drawers in the dresser had dead bugs in them, so obviously they had not been cleaned in some time. There were cigarette burns in the carpet throughout the room, and in the bedspreads. It just gave me that "icky" feeling all over being in there.
So all in all, it was really, really disappointing, and a complete waste of money. I will never stay there again. I have stayed in cleaner Motel 6's than this place that claims they were voted the "Springs Best" in 2010.
On a positive note....my sons and I spent 3 days going to Garden of the Gods. Absolutely beautiful and a great place for kids to explore and go hiking. We had a blast there, and all the people we came across were friendly and talkative and were more than happy to recommend other areas of the park to see and explore. I know now why it has the name Garden of the Gods. Hope this helps....Good Day to you all!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed January 22, 2012

I arrived on Wed Jan 18th and in the evenings was greeted with one of the best, young employees, Jessica Leighann was her name, so committed to her work, and wonderful communication skills, when asked if we needed anything was prompt in recieving everything asked of us. This is the kind of person, I would want to have as a valued employee, Ive never seen anyone at any of the hotels Ive ever stayed in, have such an eye for detail, friendship ect. Jessica made our stay enjoyable, and satisfying, I would personally have her running any hotel you have, she is the best. Thanks Jessica for your kindness, thoughtfrulness, and all around mannerisams, just an amazing employee, Your company would be so much better with these kinds of employees working for YOU!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 11, 2012

We had our friends visiting Colorado during the thanksgiving weekend. We went on a trip of Colo.Springs, Aspen, and Breck during this weekend. In Colo Springs we wanted to stay at Spur and Lace B&B but they were closed (not shocking since it was the Thanksgiving Day and they had to visit family). So we went the normal route and booked into this motel.

This is one of those not-so good, not so bad hotels where one night of stay dont hurt anyone. One thing that this place had going for it was the huge room. The size of the room was pretty big. The staff was very friendly, and they have a decent breakfast in the morning. There is a gas station and a mcdonalds nearby which is useful.

The beds were comfy and the A/C was proper. The only problem we noticed was with the wash basin, of which the drainage was not so good. It was taking a long time to drain each time. A small nuisance to pay for a value-for-money stay. We paid $50 for a room.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 23, 2011

My friends and I stayed Thursday evening the 20th of October 2011 and the young lady at the desk was great. She was quite delightful and helped us with our remote for the TV and suggested a place for us to eat. She had a sense of humor and was very cordial. Felt like I had known her for a long time instead of just a few hours. She was very pleasant and I am sure she is an asset to the company. We all enjoyed her and it was nice to see her back Friday morning when we went to breakfast and then checked out.
Sandy Bertelsen

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 13, 2011

I recently took a solo trip to CO Springs and stayed here for two nights. It was such a pleasure. The location is perfect -safe and close to all the conveniences (Walgreens/CVS, gas, fast food options and of course my addiction, Starbucks). It was also a centralized location to all of the tourist attractions: Garden of the Gods, Pike's Peak, and Seven Falls. The front desk manager (Hamika) was a doll and so helpful in getting me to all of the places I wanted to venture out. She helped to make it such a good experience so thank you!

I definitely recommend this hotel when searching for cost effective options in CO Springs or across the US for that matter. I will stay here again..

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 26, 2011

After reading other reviews, it must depend which room you get. We upgraded to a king suite which was at the end of the hallway. The room was dark, the curtains were falling off the rod and the layout was poor for suitcases. The staff was friendly and accommodating. One advantage is the location; close to the Garden of the Gods which is a must see.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple