“Great food and service”

Heart of Jerusalem Cafe
Ranked #77 of 1,466 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Reviewed July 12, 2013

This little gem was recommended to us while hiking around in Helen Hunt Falls. Met a couple and the wife raved about this place in Manitou Springs. Being vegan, we had to try it as Middle Eastern Food is and can be accommodated to our tastes. I ordered the veggie platter and it was so delicious. Some of the best hummus I have ever had as well as the dolmas. The sage ice tea was very refreshing. Natalie, our waitress, was very attentive and had the biggest smile on her face, she was wonderful too! The atmosphere is very quaint and they even have room outside to sit which is nice on a cool evening or day. You can't go wrong with eating at this place.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

we were vacationing In Co Springs and this place was recommended to us. We ate here on a Friday night and came back again 2 days later on Sunday because it was so good. I had the veggie platter and it had the best hummus and pitas I've ever eaten. The next time I had the veggie sandwich with a side of hummus and pitas. We had to order a second helping because everyone at the table loved it. If you love meat get the Heart of Jerusalem sandwich. It has lamb, beef and chicken. The sauce is amazing and my husband loved it.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

My wife and I visited this restaurant on a Groupon deal and loved the food. We had the Gyro and then Baklava and tea tray for afterwards. I have had middle eastern food before, but my wife and I can't say enough about how good the food was. Very authentic taste and sufficient amount of food. The Ultimate Sandwich was very good.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

best gyro type sandwich i ever ate and best hummus ever had a deal frm groupon where you paid $8 and got $16 worth of food

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was our first time for Middle Eastern food, we've tried Greek and North African food but our waitress assured us there was a difference.
She was right. The food at the Heart of Jerusalem was different and very tasty. We had the Ultimate Plate, a mixture of beef, lamb and chicken on a bed of saffron rice, a small salad, Falafels and Za’atar pita. The portions more than adequate and the quality was very good.
The waitress, a young lady from Tunisia, was extremely friendly and helpful in telling us about the various dishes on the menu.
The café is located in a strip mall and is small with only about five tables and four booths. The exterior appearance of the café caused a bit of wonder about the café. The blinds were askew and appeared in need of dusting. Once inside we found the café to be very clean and neat with numerous posters and photos of the Middle East
We were pleased with the service and food at the Heart of Jerusalem café and will definitely stop again when we visit Colorado Springs.