“I see why they are still around after 30 years!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #196 of 1,403 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“I see why they are still around after 30 years!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

Tiny little deli with really good food. I had their vegetable soup and 1/2 chicken salad sandwich. I'm usually not a huge lover of other people's chicken salad but thought I would give it a try. It was really, really delicious, with the nice surprise of having cranberries in it (I think it was cranberries at least!).

The veggie soup was also very flavorful--all to often, you get soup on restaurant and it's like they are afraid to put any seasonings in it--Not Oliver's! Great flavor, not overwhelming on seasoning in the least, tons of veggies.

My only complaint is they really need to use a heftier bread. I had the whole wheat and it literally fell apart as I was trying to eat my sandwich. I would love to see maybe a local bread that they used that had a little heft and substance to hit, not only to hold my sandwich together but for the nutritional aspect as well.

You need to check this place out!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Kelly M

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“30-year-old neighborhood restaurant, Food avarage or lower”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

The prices varied from reasonable to a little high. The food was okay but not good enough to bring us back again. When asked for a fork they gave us a small plastic one fastened to a pen. The chowder had a weak clam taste. The quiche wasn't soft & moist, but a bit overcooked.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank AWF3
“Great Neighborhood Deli”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

It's a friendly little place with good service and excellent food; it's the closest I've come in my home town to a New York style deli. The sandwiches and sides are always great and they also do a good job on soups and quiches. The atmosphere is "homey" and very pleasant. They have been in business for over 30 years which shows that they're doing something right.

• Visited October 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great hole in the wall place! Dont Miss it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Overall, great place to get lunch. Homemade everything! Betsy has owned the place for almost 30 years! How many places can say that?! I recommend the Oliver or the Tom Terrific. They have awesome soup to. Get the clam chowder or the cream of mushroom soup. They only have them on certain days so check the website! Also they have good chili. You will not be disappointed. Its not like subway so don't expect to have them crank out the stuff in 2 seconds lol. Check them out!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Ann L
“Family-run pleasure!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

We were looking for a quick lunch & happened by this place, which turned out to be a very good thing! I enjoyed the vegetable soup, which was much more a bowl of lovely fresh veggies than broth, & a very good turkey/mushroom/avocado quiche. It was accompanied by a side of fresh fruit. Hubby chose clam chowder, which he raved about, & a turkey sandwich on French roll with let/tom/onion. The portion sizes were huge! We also got a slice of lemon/blueberry bread to eat later for dessert, & it was wonderful as well. Both of the staff with whom we dealt were very friendly & helpful, so I'm surprised that another reviewer had a bad experience. Supporting family-run establishments is very important to us so we will definitely be going back for that reason AND for the food!

• Visited March 2013