“Bang Bang Shrimp!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 21, 2014

This is a very popular seafood restaurant in Colorado Springs. I've visited a couple of times and would definitely go back again. To some degree I've burned out my taste buds with spicy foods so I don't appreciate seafood the way I did beforehand. That said I was very impressed with the Bang Bang Shrimp appetizer. Don't expect a coastal experience and you'll be pleasantly pleased.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

but I think that for seafood it is one of the best places. Additionally, the drinks are awesome. Great place for a nice dinner and drinks for friends, dates, and adults in general. I wouldn't recommend for children, at least not at night.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Love the Bang Bang shrimp! Usually a happy hour special on Wednesdays. Fabulous steaks and seafood! Everything cooked to order perfectly. Service usually average but I attribute this to how busy they are. Nice outdoor area in the Summer. Can be a wait so call for reservations.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

This is one of our two top restaurants in Colorado Springs. It was our second trip to Bonefish Grill there and it was immensely satisfying. Months ago we dined there and the staff was so genuinely personable we were impressed; it's always nice when the manager makes the rounds and stops to chat a bit. Obviously since that visit, there have been thousands of guests who've dined there, which is why I was totally stunned when greeter and seater, Jacob, said, "I remember you. Aren't you the couple from Salida?" as he seated us.
"Why, yes. That was months ago. You mean you still remember us?"
"Yes I do," he said, "How nice to have you back again."
Now that, my friends, is the mark of a world-class restaurant. While I'd honestly consider myself to be eminently forgettable, to know that your greeter remembers you many months and thousands of visitors later, well, that's gratifying and amazing.
And our server, Jamie, in spite of the usual busy night, still took time to chat with us a bit about her charming English accent. Her service was bang-on. This entire restaurant is bang-on.
Other reviewers may mention it, too, but you MUST have the Bang-Bang Shrimp appetizer. What *is* that sauce? It's so totally scrumptious. I think the lady at the next table was having just the Bang-Bang Shrimp, a thought that's crossed my mind more than once.
Entrée: My wife had the Sea Bass. Done perfectly. It was succulent. I had the two Maryland Crab Cakes. Done perfectly. House white wine was an excellent Chardonnay. Vegetables were crisped well, but if I may, a minute criticism here is they were a bit too much on the raw side - but I'd much prefer that to the alternative.
Dessert. I was so full, I wasn't going to, but I saw "Chocolate Crème Brûlée" and I knew. My wife said, "Go ahead. Have some. I'm full, but order it." We didn't intend sharing it, but there was so much in the bowl we were thankful it came with two spoons. How did they know? Oh, my goodness, it was so good, if it were not completely against Robert's Rules of Restaurant Decorum, which I made up just now, I would have put the bowl on the floor and nosed it all over, licking it until it was totally clean. *Ahem*. Uh. Just let me sit up a minute and brush the crumbs off my pants. No, I didn't really do that.
So I have to give the Colorado Springs Bonefish Grill top ratings on all counts, including personality, presentation, price, and whatever other high elements of toothsome fare you might wish to apply.
If you're calling in for a reservation make it more than a few hours ahead. They kindly accommodated us but asked if could give them more than just two hours notice next time. Okay, we're from out of town. Gotcha. Forewarned and ready - sooner rather than later.
To get there, take the North Nevada/Corporate Drive exit off I-25 and go south a very short way. It's on the south east side of the shopping center that has the Lowe's.
Bonefish Grill
5102 North Nevada Avenue, Colorado Springs, CO
(719) 598-0826
Hours: 3 pm - 11 pm

Reviewed December 22, 2013

This was our first visit to this chain and it turned out to be a great choice for a quiet birthday celebration. In our group we had four different types of fish and none of us were disappointed.