“Fair to Good” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bonefish Grill

Bonefish Grill
Ranked #37 of 1,402 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Fair to Good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

The biggest challenge in finding good seafood in the center of the country is the distribution channel - how was it handled and how much time passed between when it was caught and when it was served on a plate. It's hit or miss and so goes our experience at the Bonefish Grill. The restaurant itself was pleasant and quite crowded. Our waitress was a character, very entertaining, and provided good service. Prices were reasonable. I ordered their Crab Cakes and they were just OK - if you have had Crab Cakes in the Baltimore/DC area, you would have been very disappointed. One member of our party ordered the Orange Roughy and it was good, but perhaps a little overcooked. My wife ordered the Chilean Sea Bass and it was exceptional. As in all seafood restaurants, if you could get an honest answer to the question: what's freshest, the chances of getting a good meal could be greatly enhanced. As it was, it's a roll of the dice.

Visited April 2013

colorado springs
“Great Fish Restaurant in the Springs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

We went on a Saturday night with reservations. Had to wait 15 minutes but it was worth the wait.
Our waitress Amy was excellent. She took the time to explain the menu and dishes since it was our first time at the restaurant. The fish was fresh and the sides were well prepared. The Bang Bang shrimp was great.
Will definitely go again.

• Visited April 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“I thought it would be a little bit better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

the Bonefish Grill has a nice appearance upon entry. as you start walking towards your table, you realize it's packed in a little bit tight. The wait staff was friendly our server was a little bit difficult to understand.we were there for a birthday.one of our people in the party had the lobster tails. They were a little bit rubbery. clarified butter they serve with lobster was not. The pasta dish another person had pasta was a little bit under cooked. The shrimp in the dish was plentiful in tasted good. from everything I had heard about this restaurant, I was expecting more. I do not believe I would recommend this restaurant to others.

• Visited April 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Something other than Red Lobster”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Ordinarily we are not interested in chains, but we have been to two other Bonefish Grills in other parts of the country a few years ago and were pretty happy with their output. So when we heard Colo Spgs was getting our own BG, we were so pleased to have something other than Red Lobster to get seafood outside of buying and cooking it ourselves! I mourned the passing of the independently-owned Palapa's Surfside (which is now Jose Muldoon's East) many years ago with its innovative and fresh take on ocean goods, but the prices, which were reasonable to me given the quality and types of fish available, were a bit too high for that location. Bonefish should be able to fill in the need for us landlocked, trout-eating people!

This is for my experience in September 2012.

FOOD: We didn't get bread and olive oil like other diners. If I had known (which was at the END of the service), I would've asked for some because we certainly weren't offered any.

Calamari was great. Not soggy, the breading was perfect, and the green onions and few strips of fried peppers added an interesting dimension. Some pieces were large and we had to use knife and fork to cut them into manageable pieces. My swordfish was excellent - juicy and filling like a steak, and perfectly grilled and topped with feta. I loved the ravioli with creamy pumpkin inside the 4 large pastas in a shallot brown butter. And the side of edamame and corn mash filled me up in the end. The boyfriend's sea bass, on the other hand, was average, maybe even less than average. When we make it, ours turns out much more tender and melts in our mouths; BG's sea bass was overcooked and dry on the outside, but somehow the inside remained soft. The result was a non-pleasant, weirdly stringy chewiness. However, I really liked his potato au gratin, but he thought it was too cheesy. It also came with a side of edamame and corn mash. Finally, my Black Berry Elixir non-alcoholic drink had a refreshing flavor with 3 real blackberries inside, but I felt overall it was a bit too flat. Maybe use soda and muddle up the blackberries and lemon wedge a bit more?

AMBIENCE: We arrived at 5:30pm without a reservation, and I think we were one of the last to be seated right away. IT WAS PACKED. We were greeted right away upon walking in by uniformed, smiling staff. You can dress up or down here, and most customers were in the 30+ age range who met up for dinner after work as most everyone was in business casual. This BG was just like all the others: similar colors, layout, décor all melding traditional with trendy. Brown paper lined out on each table. Parking is plenty, but don't expect to be close if you're there near the dinner hour: we had to park at Lowes and walk over.

SERVICE: Food came out perhaps a bit too fast. We were still finishing up our apps when the entrees arrived. I wondered how quickly corporate tells these places to turn over tables. Other than that, it was obvious the servers had been trained in most other aspects, and ours came back to check on us at appropriate intervals. They were all an upbeat, accommodating, and coordinated team, but we already expected that from a successful chain restaurant. Our waters were kept full throughout and they never stopped smiling.

Overall, for a chain, I do recommend it.

• Visited September 2012
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great Food, Service & Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

My husband and I had an early dinner at Bonefish Grill, we were among the first of the evening to dine. By the time we were ready to leave the entire restaurant was full, obviously the great reputation had already spread to the community.

The waitstaff was wonderful, helpful in making a decision, prompt and pleasantly interactive.

The food was exactly what we were looking for. The scallops, shrimp and filet mignon were prepared exactly as ordered and just delicious. I ate every single bite of the tender, juicy, steak. In fact, we pretty much ate everything. I'm not much of a "doggy bag" person so a huge meal that must be bagged up and eaten the next day is not what I am looking for.

We each had a martini, both were expertly mixed and very much enjoyed, I recommend the Blood Orange Cosmopolitan.

The prices were a pleasant surprise, quite reasonable for a good quality meal. I believe the prices were affordable because (as I mentioned) they do not give you an abundance of food that you will not be able to consume at the restaurant.

Oh yes, last but not least, we loved the Creme Brulé, creamy & luscious with a nice dollop of homemade whipped creme.

We can hardly wait to return and try something new.

• Visited March 2013