“Worst Service Ever!”

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children
“Worst Service Ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

What a horrible experience. We came for Sushi after a fun day at the pool with our friends. Our friends had an 8 month old child with them and it was like we were putting them out by having her with us. We were seated and completely ignored. We waited 20 minutes for water!! I finally had to get up and ask the hostess for someone to come to our table to take our drink order, after that it was another ten minutes before someone finally came. When we finally were able to place our order, it was like we were asking too many questions and annoying the waitress. It was another 25 minute wait for our food to arrive and the order was incomplete. We had also asked for some hot water so that we could make the baby a bottle and our waitress completely forgot about it! And it is not like we ordered the least expensive things on the menu, in fact two of us ordered the most expensive meals they offer. Our money spends the same regardless of whether we have a child with us or not. The little girl was an angle throughout the entire, nearly 2 hour, ordeal and did not cause any disruptions or annoyances to other customers. It was as bad a performance as I have ever seen at a restaurant and I would caution to stay away!!!

• Visited August 2013

Divide, Colorado
“best sushi around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

this place is the bomb for sushi. very clean. good prices considering it is not a chain with fast food. I would be proud to take my family here, especially those without sushi at home.

Visited August 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Japanese food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

I've been eating at Jun Restaurant for over 15 years. They have some delicious lunch entrees. My favorite is the Teriyaki chicken. Best sushi in town with large slices of fresh tasting fish. Dinner entrees are delicious as well, but because they are not a large restaurant waiting can be a problem if you don't get there early.

Visited July 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Juns hits rock bottom on Academy Store”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

We used to eat here every Friday ( Not for religious purposes ). We started to get sushi that was fishy and gave us the "rumblies". The cleanliness of the restaurant was declining and our orders were wrong on a regular basis. Sitting at the recessed areas became downright nasty as the carpet was filthy and the tables were sticky. We now regularly visit another place.

Visited August 2012
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Fine... not great, but fine”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Jun's has been here forever (although the Centennial location is newer, and we visited the original North Academy location). My sushi place of choice, Tako, appears to have closed last week after being around almost 20 years, so we decided to give Jun's another try. Everything was fine. My tuna and salmon were nice large pieces, although the salmon curiously came with a slice of avocodo. While fine, the tuna was not that deep red I expect, and the taste was not nearly as clean as well. Same with the salmon... not deep orange and not sublime at all (I removed the avocado!). Soup was good, my wife's teriyaki salmon was good, but a little greasy. Kudos to the staff for offering to specially make up the side vegetables as she does not eat cabbage. Kids had cucumber roll and spicy tuna roll, both fine. Prices were good, but not great. Atmosphere was very nice, but a little "echo-y" inside.

In sum, if a group was going out for sushi and chose Jun's, I'd go, but probably will continue to seek out a replacement for Tako.

• Visited July 2013