“great trip” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #51 of 108 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Dodge City, Kansas
“great trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

We met up with extended family in Colorado Springs and had a great trip. The staff gave our two families rooms right next to each other, and it was great to have the separate seating areas and an extra bathroom in each suite. The hotel doesn't have the best surrounding neighborhood, but its convenient location is close to the Interstate, Old Colorado City, downtown Colorado Springs, and several local attractions. I didn't ever feel unsafe, but definitely lock your vehicle and keep valuables out of sight. The hot breakfast was one of the better complimentary breakfasts I've had at a hotel and offered a variety of options. The pool/spa area looks like it's in the process of being repainted, but I appreciate that the ongoing work didn't interfere with guests' ability to use the pool. The pool's extended hours were a big hit with our kids, too.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Jerome H, General Manager at Quality Suites Downtown, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your review. We look forward to seeing you again.

719-329-7444

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I have to say first and foremost that the staff at the Quality Suites was first class! Everyone was super friendly and helpful- particularly Liz & Claire. Look forward to staying at this establishment in the near future

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Jerome H, General Manager at Quality Suites Downtown, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your review. I will pass along your comments to Liz and Claire. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Rooms were well put together. Large, comfortable beds. Separate living room like area for sit downs or small gatherings for large groups staying together at the same hotel. Convenient location granting almost immediate access to down town and music hall/convention center. Overall I was super impressed. Friendly staff. Decent breakfast. Will be staying here next time I'm in town.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars
Jerome H, General Manager at Quality Suites Downtown, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your review. Our staff strives to deliver great service at a great value for your lodging dollars. We are glad to hear that you will be staying with us again in the future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

Good: breakfast, though no biscuits and gravy as told and needs pancakes or waffles. Has a pool, but nothing spectacular. Large rooms. Friendly staff.

Bad: walls worn down and falling apart in pool area. The entire hotel is run down and old. Homeless people are all over nearby and walking by constantly. Beds are NOT good. Very uncomfortable.

We were checked into a room and went and opened the door to it, and someone else was in there starring at us!! This was quite embarrassing, luckily they were mostly dressed when we came in! We were moved to another room. Must say this is a first ever experience!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Jerome H, General Manager at Quality Suites Downtown, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your review. We have a great staff and I am glad that you saw them in action. We are in the process of completing our soffit in the pool area. We are also making some changes to our breakfast offering.

San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

On my last business trip I stayed at the Clarion next door, but this trip they had no rooms available so I got a room in the Quality Suites side. They really are the same hotel building - you just go through a double door in the hallway. I was definitely curious what the difference might be....

The good: suite is 2 of the Clarion rooms with a big opening (not closeable) between, so tons of space. The standard bathrooms and closets are in each room. One room has a couch and kitchenette and the other has the bed(s). Both sides have TVs and sliding glass doors to the outside and separate heaters/AC.

The not-as-good: The desk is in a weird corner - not very inviting as a desk, but works fine as a table for stuff. The same housekeeping as in the Clarion - not quite as spotty as my last visit, but still uneven. In this room the TVs didn't work as well as last time (picture was always fuzzy). Not sure why but didn't care enough to try to get it fixed.

The ugly: Everything seemed like it was a "hand-me-down" from the Clarion. Slightly broken shower curtain rods, cracked toilet seats, soft (uneven, as in worn down) bed, cracked tissue holder box, toilet seat lid missing some parts. Definitely felt very shoddy and run-down.

The internet still was super-spotty (as it was by the end of my last visit). Not sure what their problem is there, but the fact that it was fine at the start of my last visit and deteriorated to unusable by the end seems very strange.

Overall I'll probably end up staying here again on my next business trip (partly since I didn't have time to look into other options). Not sure which side I'd rather be on, though. Either way, definitely don't want a room on the ground floor again - people outside are noisy!

Room Tip: I prefer the courtyard side so there is less noise from the road (although the roads are not that bu...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 stars
Jerome H, General Manager at Quality Suites Downtown, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for your objective and candid feedback. We would have definitely moved you to another room based on the pictures you attached with this review. Please call me at the number below at your earliest convenience.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Got.in.very.late.but.staff.was.very.helpful.and.room.was.very.nice.two.rooms.with.frig.and.micorowave.Highly.recommend..very.close.to.freeway.staff.very.helpful.when.checked.in.about.local.places.to.eat.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 stars
Jerome H, General Manager at Quality Suites Downtown, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for your review. We offer great value for the price when you consider that all of our rooms have a microwave and refrigerator, we offer complimentary breakfast, internet, business center, fitness center and parking. We are also centrally located which makes us the perfect homebase for visiting local attractions in our city.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I am actually mid-way through my stay as I write this review... My initial impression of this hotel was actually very good, since I met many of the staff first. My son has severe food allergies (in fact we were here for a related conference) and the kitchen staff was very concerned and accommodating for my family, preparing special allergy-free foods for my son. The front desk (while clearly not interested in being at work) was still friendly, to the point that I feel terrible with the review I'm about to give...
Ok, first the rooms are not clean; stains on the walls, ceilings, carpets (both in the room and in common areas), random hairs all over the bathroom, land line phones are physically broken and don't work at all anyway, housekeeping failed to clean my room for 2 days (out of 5) so I had no clean towels and overflowing trash buckets, toilet seat is all scratched up and appears dirty, courtyard outside is filthy and dangerous for children (broken glass, broken garden light figures, cigarette butts literally everywhere...), cigarette smoke pours into our room through the vent (since the courtyard is the designated smoking area)...and last but not least I found a pair of men's boxers stuffed under the sink. They were slightly out of eye shot, but would have easily been seen if the room was decently cleaned. Just not happy overall. Have spoken to several employees and tweeted about It? Bit they really haven't responded. Very disappointed.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Erin B
Jerome H, General Manager at Quality Suites Downtown, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Our team strives to deliver great service, clean rooms and ensure our grounds are well kept and safe for all guests. The problems identified in your review were immediately addressed with my Executive Housekeeper. We also met with you to discuss your concerns during your stay and offered several options to help make your stay great with us. We wish you and your family the best and hope that you will give us another opportunity to deliver on our promises should your travels bring you back to Colorado Springs, Colorado.

Jerome Hopkins