The hotel is in need of some updating (where do they still sell brown toilets like that?), but it has many redeeming qualities. First, the old stuff has been maintained very well. It's got all the amenities you need, plus an extra bathroom. Never have we been ready so quickly in the morning! The location is great, close to most of CS and the mountains.
The breakfast was full, with pretty much everything you'd want and a comfortable seating area.
I was impressed with the pool, too as it has a 1-2 foot shallow end for kids. And somehow they managed to keep it warm, unlike many other hotels in this tier.
Downsides: You'll do lots of walking to the pool/breakfast as it's in the Clarion section of the building. The rooms are pretty dark. Could use more lighting, especially in the ceiling. The staff, while capable, clearly doesn't want to be there. And the two pillow choices: three cotton balls or a balloon.
I'd go back, no question.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 100 percent non-smoking Quality Suites® Downtownis ideally located just nine miles from the Colorado SpringsAirport and has convenient access from Interstate 25. ThisColorado Springs, CO hotel is also close to many local pointsof interest, including Colorado College, the United StatesAir Force Academy, United States Olympic TrainingCenter, Pikes Peak (America's Mountain) and Garden ofthe Gods park, just to name a few.Hiking, mountain biking, running, rafting, boating, rockclimbing, horseback riding, fishing, golfing and ballooning aresome of the most popular activities that can be enjoyed yearround in this area.A grab-and-go food and beverage counter in the lobby isavailable 24 hours, offering sandwiches, soups, salads, beer,wine and cocktails. Enjoy our free manager's receptionMonday through Thursday from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.Guest at this Colorado Springs, CO hotel are invited to enjoyamenities like:• Free hot American breakfast including scrambled eggs,sausage, hash browns and more• Manager's reception Monday through Thursdayproviding two free cocktails and hors d'oeuvres for eachguest• Free wireless high-speed Internet access in all rooms• Free local calls and free coffeeBe sure to enjoy our indoor saltwater pool and hot tub.Business travelers will welcome the convenience of thebusiness center, complete with copy and fax service.All of our rooms are two-room suites and consist of aseparate living area, sofa sleeper and two full bathrooms.In addition, all suites include microwaves, refrigeratorsand two televisions, as well as standard amenities like coffeemakers and hair dryers.Coin-operated laundry facilities are on the premises and valetcleaning services are offered for added convenience. Ampleparking is available for cars, trucks and buses.Whether you are traveling to the area for business orpleasure, make the Quality Suites Downtown your homeaway from home while visiting the Colorado Springs area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Quality Suites Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Suites Downtown Hotel Colorado Springs
- Quality Inn Colorado Springs
- Quality Hotel Downtown