Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Springs Inn(Colorado Springs)
  • Restaurant
Econo Lodge Downtown(Colorado Springs)
View Hotel
J's Motor Hotel(Colorado Springs)
Travel Inn(Colorado Springs)
  • Free Internet
Travelers Uptown Motel(Colorado Springs)
Nevada Motel(Colorado Springs)
View Hotel
All reviewsliving roomwould stay againwaffleshot breakfasthot tubremodelingcouchroomymicrowavegodslaundry
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We had a 3 day conference. It was snowing and I have a hip problem. The attendant at the front door watched my car while I registered and helped me get my bags into the hotel and waited while i checked in and got to my room and back. The parking underground was very difficult and convoluted but once I got there I found parking close to the door. I enjoyed the pool and the hot tub and was very encouraged that his hotel had a handicapped lift into the hot tub! Later the young man at the spa told me all the good places to go and directions on how to use the pool and other amenities.

Room Tip: I didn't reserve the room so it was just a 2 Queen bed room, one bath. Very nice. Didn't have a frig or anything, but beds very comfortable. My view was of the downtown, but the spa was nice and the view of the mountains while I exercised was great.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Taves M, General Manager at Quality Suites Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I will start by saying that every room has 2 bathrooms, a living room, and 2 flat screen TV's. The rooms seem a little dated, but the space makes it worth it. My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights and enjoyed it.

The pool area is a bit of a let down. While we were there, the pool room had lots of paint patches in the walls. It seemed that they had began to remodel the pool room and maybe went over budget and therefore just left it the way it was, half done. The pool and jacuzzi were clean and refreshing, though. It just wasn't easy on the eye.

The front desk staff weren't very friendly and talkative, but they did their job well. I will definitely be staying here every time I visit Colorado Springs.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Taves M, General Manager at Quality Suites Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us. We strive to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Will never stay at this hotel again. Had issue with credit card. Had enough on credit card to pay for room but hotel wanted to add an additional 30.00 authorization then they said the card was declined. I tried to pay cash but would not accept cash even with offering a 200.00 deposit. Then called and had a friend fax credit card auth for my room. They authorized her card 100.00. After checking out I paid cash then was told the authorization wouldn't be released for 5 days which that is understandable and acceptable but called hotel back just to verify that it was just an authorization and not a charge. They said oh no we charged the card so I said I paid cash. After being disconnected twice then Gina said it was my mistake it was only authorized. OK fine 6 days later I find out the first card was also authorized and still not released and I called management and they were to return my call within 15 minutes. An hour later still not have heard from anyone. So, at 5 days later I have almost 200.00 still tied up in authorizations from them authorizing 2 cards and also paid cash. Unless you have plenty of money to tie up in authorizations I would look for elsewhere to stay. They just seemed rude and didn't seem to care that my money was tied up especially saying they couldn't take the first card but authorized everything on it and also tied up the second card with an extra 100.00 auth and taking my cash. If I didn't get disconnected so many times and wished to speak with a general manager but it seemed as if no one really cared enough of my concerns to call me back or even put me on hold without disconnecting me every single time maybe the problems could have been somewhat overlooked.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Taves M, General Manager at Quality Suites Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We are here to serve our guests first and foremost. Our entire staff is concerned anytime we hear about a guest not being satisfied with their stay. It is because we value each guest and want to ensure each guest has a positive, stress free and memorable customer service experience with us. Please call me at 719.329.7442 at your earliest convenience so we can further discuss and resolve this matter. We hope you will give us another opportunity to provide outstanding customer service and accommodations on your next visit to Colorado Springs.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Location was OK because it is near downtown Colorado Springs. However, the homeless people walking through the car-park and hanging around the trails in back were unnerving. The door locks are atrocious - the excuse that my cell phone must have demagnetized the key wore thin. New keys wouldn't work by the time we got to the room. Must have gotten about 30 new keys over the week's visit! Breakfast was good but the same every day. Phone blinked continuously to say there was a message but the message system was always 'busy" when we tried to retrieve the message. NOW - the ants - yes ants in the room. We had the carpets and walls sprayed and that lasted about a day. The ant problem needs to be dealt with - almost everyone in our party had the same complaint. The cleaning staff were VERY polite as were the desk staff but they all seemed overworked and under staffed. The room cleaners were working until late in the afternoon cleaning rooms - they need more staff. Coming back to a room at 5pm and it not being cleaned is unacceptable - get some more staff. Place is still being repaired - dry-wall is patched, pool is old, carpets all need replacing. Overall friendly staff but the hotel is very tired and needs a major redo, including longer shower curtains that don't let water run all over the floor.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite not a junior suite in the Quality Inn side and not Clarion but monitor for ants
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DelawareChin

Please accept my deepest apologies on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations on your recent visit. Feel free to call me at 719.329.7442 if you have additional suggestions for improvement. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Colorado Springs.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We stayed here over Memorial Day weekend for a family gathering and it ended up being a terrible mistake. First off, the "Free WiFi" went down Friday afternoon and was still down Monday morning when we left. The three network channels were somehow blocked so I never got to watch the Indy 500 or the NASCAR race. The room-to-room phone service did not work. There is a sign in the lobby that says "Sandwiches and Snacks", the attendant said "we haven't had those in a long time, we're just too lazy to take down the sign". The water temperature in the shower goes from warm to cold to scalding hot in a matter of seconds. And finally our room was not cleaned until 5:00 PM because "it was a busy weekend". I really don't think any of us will ever be back here again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank rky_mtn_biker
Taves M, General Manager at Quality Suites Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

I am very sorry that our hotel did not meet your expectations over the weekend. The internet problem we experienced was an area wide problem that our internet provider was experiencing. I fully understand how important the internet is for travelers today. I am researching your other complaints and will address those issues that you have brought up. If you would contact me I would be more than happy to address your concerns.