“Huge King Suite!”

Quality Suites Downtown
Ranked #55 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We were in town for the ADT Marathon over Labor Weekend and stayed for two days in the Quality Suites. The room was clean and huge! It is basically two rooms joined together into one - King Bed in one side with its own bathroom, living area on the other side with its own bathroom. So, two bathrooms, king bed, two flat panel tvs, microwave, refrigerator, two tables, sofa, chair. Breakfast was good. Location was good for us since it has easy access to Interstate 25 and America the Beautiful park where the marathon ends. We did have to wait a long time on a couple of occasions for help at the front desk and with the hotel being combined with the Clarion (all in one building) the layout can get a bit confusing.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stayed here for Parents Weekend for the Air Force Academy. It was a convenient location. They were one of the few places I contacted that actually offered us a Parents Weekend discount, several others actually doubled their regular price on me for that weekend. I was expecting 2 bedrooms but its really just one large room divided by a wall so that was a little disappointing as we knew our cadet would want to sleep in. The room was not plush but it was neat and clean. In spite of being on the I25 side of the building we had no problems with road noise at all. We had a room with a full kitchen. There were not enough plates or silverware for all of us but they were very gracious and let us take some up from the breakfast room to supplement what we needed for dinner. the kitchen is not stocked sufficiently for doing any real cooking but heating up leftovers and preparing simple meals would have been doable.

We had a few minor issues (ants, keys stopped working once, and the dishes) and all were taken care of immediately. The staff seemed very eager to be helpful and to make our stay an enjoyable one.

Breakfast was good. It was the same every morning but with a good selection. Even with groups of college kids there each morning, the staff really hustled to make sure the food was stocked.

If we don't stay there again, it will be because we want a separate room so our cadet can sleep in without being awakened by little siblings. Otherwise its a good value and decent place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I had to wait a long time in the lobby twice for someone to wait on me. The keys didn't work well, and one didn't work at all. I had to change it. It still didn't work. The room was a long way away from the lobby and the rolling carts. The remote didn't work right.

Room Tip: choose a room close to the lobby and away from the freeway.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Taves M, General Manager at Quality Suites Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Dear Rgristmill,

My apologies for the problems you experienced with the keys and your remote for the TV. I will be addressing these issues with our maintenance department to make sure something like this won't happen again.
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your lodging needs.

Taves Maciel

Reviewed June 24, 2012

My family stayed at this Quality Suites for 5 nights and enjoyed the stay immensely. The room was very clean and the staff very helpful and pleasant. Breakfast is terrific! Our stay would have been a 5 if the showers actually worked. Our room had two bathrooms and both showers barely dribbled water. Also, the temperature varied from very cold to scalding hot. Someone is going to get burned! (room 178). Otherwise it was excellent.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 19, 2012

We came to Colorado Springs for our anniversary and stayed at the Quality Suites and we absolutely loved the room! The staff were very helpful in giving recommendations for dinner and any other questions we had. The rooms were very clean and spacious (2 bathrooms and 2 t.v.'s). Housekeeping kept our room clean and stocked with supplies. Sleeping was quiet, didn't have any problems. Thank you Quality Suites we will be back again and again!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank April O
Reviewed February 14, 2012

I stayed at this Quality Suites last week after naming my own price ($50) on Priceline.com... sometimes you don't know what you are going to get, and after reading some of the negative reviews, I was a little apprehensive. But I was very pleasantly surprised with this hotel.

If you are looking for a place downtown, and right of I-25 - this is a great location. It is literally right off of the exit and convenient to many places downtown.

The front desk staff was very friendly, and let me know about the daily managers reception and breakfast. They offer 2 complimentary cocktails / beers from 4:00 - 6:00 daily. It was a nice treat to have a free, frosty cold beer after an 11 hour drive! They also offered me directions to a couple places and a computer to use in the lobby if I didn't bring one with me.

The room was nice. They are all suites, so it was a little big for just me, but would be nice for a family. A living room with a pullout, microwave, fridge and TV, and a nice bedroom. There were 2 full bathrooms as well. My room was clean but the only thing I did notice was that a lot of the outlets were missing covers or were just dangling out of the wall. I imagine it would have been a big issue if I was travelling with my small children. The layout of the hotel is confusing, as it shares the building with the Clarion, and there was a strange (petting zoo) odor on the first floor when heading up to my 3rd floor room. The elevators are extremely small. In fact, I opted for the stairs because you can barely fit 2 people in them.

Aside from the few negatives, I felt like I got tremendous valule for my money and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Managers Reception from 4:00 - 6:00 every day. You get a couple free drinks!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank 1travelinman
Reviewed December 28, 2011

We have been to this Quality Suites twice while visiting our son who is based nearby at Ft. Carson. The staff and management are very nice, helpful and acommodating.
The rooms and facilities are clean and the price is reasonable.
Our stay included breafast which was very good.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family