“Not a Fast Food Restaurant”
Review of Nosh - CLOSED

Nosh
Cuisines: International, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Colorado Ave.
Reviewed July 12, 2013

If you are interested in a date night in a trendy bar/restaurant atmosphere where you can share and explore a variety of small plates and drinks, then I recommend you try Nosh. I was a little skeptical when we entered through the doors at the back of the parking garage, but it leads you through a fancy lobby to the actual restaurant doors. The setting was cozy but stylish - I particulary liked the koi on the walls. We had a small table over at the floor to ceiling windows so we had a nice view to the outside. You have several small plates to choose from offering quite an array of flavor options. Cost is as expected for a Tapas place - anywhere from $5-$16 a plate (which can add up depending on your "exploration"). For a Friday night, it was actually not as busy as I would expect but it proved to be a nice little intimate and slow dinner for two.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This place is the most snooty, pretentious, overpriced, overhyped restaurant in Colorado Springs. Nothing here is bad. The food is all very pretend fancy, but you get the feeling you're being charged a lot for average ingredients prepared with average technique. I guess people with money to burn like this type of place, don't maying paying too much, and enjoy the snooty attitude. It was busy when I arrived, but not crazy. I wanted to sit by myself at a table, and they were kind of rude about it suggesting several times that the bar had an open seat. My back was sore from work and I didn't want to sit at the bar, so it was kind of awkward when I had to insist on a table. If I get dragged here again for some event with friends, I'll go reluctantly, but I've seen what's going on here and it's not worth seeing again.

2  Thank LovesEats
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I have been four times and have enjoyed every visit.
This has the best calamari I have had.
They have unique and delicious dipping sauces for all the appetizers; I especially enjoyed the sauces that come with the calamari and the sweet potato fries.
Their happy hour prices are a very good deal.
The staff, while consistently friendly, are slow and nothing to note.

Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

I loved the atmosphere here, we tried the calamari--very chewy and somewhat soggy. The Korean pork ribs-very little meat but had good flavor, kimchi was delish, Mac and cheese with fresh jalapeños was bland at best the jalapeños added some flavor but not a lot, the chicken spicy bowl was the best one--flavorful We also ordered the lollipop plate for desert the grasshopper and Oreo were great the other one again bland no flavor. May never eat here again but it was ok.

1  Thank Tracyumm
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We went to dinner at Nosh on Saturday night, before seeing a show at The Pikes Peak Center. Frankie was our waitress and she really made us feel like V.I.P's. We were celebrating a birthday, and Frankie made the dining experience memorable for all of us. The calamari was delicious and light (not greasy). The sweet potato fries were very tasty and the wings were scrumptious. We look forward to our next visit!