“got two orders wrong and under cooked burgers”
Review of Nosh - CLOSED

Nosh
Cuisines: International, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Colorado Ave.
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Dined at Nosh last summer and had a good lunch experience. Ate there again this summer while on vacation with friends. Not so good this time. The decor is great. They brought out chile fries instead of a chili burger for my friends wife. They were out of the rosemary chips. The menu has some gluten free items. My wife ordered a mushroom burger they brought her an undercooked bacon burger with a limp salad on the side. The servers and staff did their best to correct the issues. The ladies had to wait while the kitchen prepared the correct items which were still not medium well burgers but almost rare. In the end the bills were supposed to be separate but were together. Finally they just comped everyone's lunch. By the customer service being on par I would eat there again.

Reviewed July 7, 2011

My husband and I practically live at NOSH. We have a few other favorites in town, but Nosh has never disappointed over the five or so years it's been around. If you like big hearty American plates, this is not the place for you. But if you love to delve into bright tantalizing cuisine, please don't leave town without trying NOSH. The small plates are best, that way you can share a few. The wines/ libations are delicious and easy to pair. The staff is knowledgeable and polite. Enjoy!

1  Thank jowriter
Reviewed July 5, 2011

we went to Nosh for the happy hour around 3:30pm on Monday . We were greeted in a very friendly manner and immediately seated. Our waiter promptly brought our menus and waters. He was very attentive and answered our questions. We had the calamari appetizer which was very tender. i have eaten calamari many places and i found this to be "ok" and the dipping sauce was excellent...
We had the Ahi tuna burger,the green chili cheeseburger(generous portion open faced sandwich) and green chili cheesefries. The vegetarian in the house picked this restaurant for us but very good offerings for meat eaters too....the Ahi tuna burger seemed a little small but the taste and presentation made up for it. The housemade potato chips came with a french onion dip to die for. i just wanted to eat it by itself with a spoon. the food was very tasty. So happy hour so of course lets try couple of martinis...wow! the pear and the nosh cosmo were recommended...
..the pear martini was very strong but so refreshing...... dessert was chocolate vegan pudding ( very good) ..lemon blueberry cheesecake pop and oatmeal macaron (3 pieces)..generous i thought....found the macaron to be extremely sweet...couldnt finish it as just way too sweet. Anyway, overall highly recommend food and service and the restaurant is very nice. Thought there was a good variety of choices for happy hour. really the happy hour foods is perfect size at super good prices....if it weren't so windy that day i would have sat outside....it is downtown area and quite pleasant ...... Will definitely be on my list if make it to Colorado Springs again.....

Reviewed June 27, 2011

Our first time at Nosh, and our last. Went on a Monday night, when the happy hour extends to 8pm. The HH menu is limited, and the items we selected were disappointing. The green chile postachos were glorified homemade potato chips with hardly a speck of green chile to be seen. Sweet potato fries were OK; the best thing was the house salad with the works.

Service also seemed slow and spotty. Long time to get orders; drink glasses also remained empty for a long time. It appeared that the customers drinking alcohol were given preferential treatment.

Noisy atmosphere; good hangout if you are a 20-something.

1  Thank Blackcanyon
Reviewed May 28, 2011

Yes, the food is fantastic and fun and the cocktails and wine selection are special and delicious. Let me say that I love the Blue Star and want to love Nosh, too, but they royally irked me when I brought friends from out of town here for dinner and we were left sitting staring at empty plates for 25 minutes while our server was.... who knows? How embarassing! The dining room manager MUST exercise better control over the waitstaff and work to ensure that timing of drinks, courses, etc is appropriate and not lagging interminably. The "small plate" prices are actually quite reasonable, but the liquor is outrageously priced and the bar service is a little pretentious. C'mon, guys, this is Colorado Springs, and my bartender should be friendly, or I won't sit at your bar! Bottom line: inconsistent quality due to service issues. I wouldn't risk it for my special occasion, but could be fun at off-peak hours.