“Cog railroad trip”

and up
Private Tour to Pikes Peak Garden of Gods
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: There are many things to see and do on our mountain including experiencing spectacular views as you ascend to 14,115 feet, encounter Mother Nature on our hiking trails or watch for wildlife such as deer, elk, bighorn sheep or yellow-bellied marmots. You may even spot the elusive Bigfoot during your visit. The 19 mile journey on the fully paved road to the summit begins in Cascade, Colorado, just 15 minutes west of downtown Colorado Springs. From the entrance, at an altitude of 7,800 feet (2377m) begin to explore the Pike National Forest and the natural beauty of Colorado.Along the way, you'll discover the North Slope Recreation Area, Crystal Reservoir Gift Shop, Historic Glen Cove Inn, and the Summit House. There are three lakes for fishing, picnic areas, hiking trails, and breathtaking views. Stop and watch one of our "Meet the Ranger" Interpretive Programs and learn about the history, myths, flora and fauna on the mountain. All offer visitor services and basic necessities to make your day both enjoyable and memorable.
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

We had company from out of state and took the Cog Railway to the top of Pikes Peak. I have been on it several times and it's always a scenic trip. Gift shop is always pretty busy and they only allow a 45 minute stay at the top due to the elevation.ake sure you stop at the cafe for their famous cake donuts!

Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Drive down to the springs fron denver for the day with no real plan as to what we were going to see or do except see pikes peak. For us it was quicker amd cheaper to drI've up the mountain and I'm glad we did. I think the most interesting part of this stop was the climb. Once at the top it was very cold and windy which I suppose to be expected. I would have liked to see more signs of what you are looking at once you are up there as I was told you cold see several states as well as the divide but to us it was justa vast view of land. The gift shop was very nice and warm. If traveling up take the advice to drive straight up and stop on the way down. All the gift shops have virtually the same products so no surprise there. The views going down were beautiful and although it was a little disappointing at the top, the climb itself is well worth the trip.

1  Thank livng
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We went to Colorado during early Oct and Pikes Peak was part of the itinerary. We took the cog rail to reach the top . The train journey itself was about 45 mins but a wonderful experience as you get closer to the peak. Expected a lot of wind at the top, but surprisingly it was quiet. Very good view all around ....

1  Thank Vilas T
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Together with my husband and son I some years ago (1992) made it to the summit of Pikes Peak in Colorado, USA, not on our feet, by car. We found driving on the winding Pikes Peak Hwy not scary. The view from the summit was magnificent, giving us many good pictures, and memories for life. The thin air made our stay short. We had never been so high up. Glad we drove up !!!

Reviewed November 15, 2013

We took the cog railway to the top of Pikes Peak. I actually thought it was a little crowded in the seats. I enjoyed the tour on the way up however no fault of the company I got severe altitude sickness and was not sure how I was going to descend but I made it. I did get to look out and you could see forever...it was 6 degrees at the top. It is something to tell people that you were over 14,000 feet in to the sky! All in all I would not have missed it.