“:)”

and up
Private Tour to Pikes Peak Garden of Gods
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: There are many things to see and do on our mountain including experiencing spectacular views as you ascend to 14,115 feet, encounter Mother Nature on our hiking trails or watch for wildlife such as deer, elk, bighorn sheep or yellow-bellied marmots. You may even spot the elusive Bigfoot during your visit. The 19 mile journey on the fully paved road to the summit begins in Cascade, Colorado, just 15 minutes west of downtown Colorado Springs. From the entrance, at an altitude of 7,800 feet (2377m) begin to explore the Pike National Forest and the natural beauty of Colorado.Along the way, you'll discover the North Slope Recreation Area, Crystal Reservoir Gift Shop, Historic Glen Cove Inn, and the Summit House. There are three lakes for fishing, picnic areas, hiking trails, and breathtaking views. Stop and watch one of our "Meet the Ranger" Interpretive Programs and learn about the history, myths, flora and fauna on the mountain. All offer visitor services and basic necessities to make your day both enjoyable and memorable.
Los Angeles, California
“:)”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I love the outdoors and I am so glad i was able to visit such a beautiful place. The view from the top of the mountain is absolutely breath-taking! I will definitely be going again!

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Orlando
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“If you are in the area, this is a "must see".”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We had only a couple of hours to run over and drive up Pike's Peak. I'm sure other people here can describe the beauty of this landscape better than I can. But I can say that it's gorgeous. Every turn seemed to give us a new and different view. Bring a camera and a coat. For a Florida guy like me... bring a heavy coat! There was snow on the ground and the wind at the top was biting. Also, take it easy up there. The air is thin and I needed to sit down and rest for a couple of minutes.

Of course, the coffee shop at the top has been there forever. I remember being there 20 years ago and I told the guys in the car that I wanted a big cup of hot chocolate and some donuts (which they make fresh)... and that was exactly what was waiting for me. It is a warm and delicious treat.

Just about the only thing that put me off was the admission fee. It's $12 per person or $40 per car load just to drive up. To make a bad pun - that was steep. I don't know how much the train ride is, but to just let a car drive up should not cost so much. I would think half that amount would be appropriate.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“I love Pike's Peak...”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I have gone to the top driving and on the train and I have to say I prefer driving because I get to call the shots and stop as I need. My preference, but either way...GO!

Visited February 2012
Lebanon, New Jersey
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“74 degrees at the bottom, 34 degrees at the top!”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We stopped here during our CO trip in early April. What a great drive and great view! We took our time driving up the road and stopped at most of the pull offs because each one provided a different view. The gift store at the top was very nice and try the doughnuts! Not sure what the trick is in the doughnuts but they were excellent. Recommend taking your time going up and take tons of photos along the way.

Visited April 2012
Sitka, Alaska
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Worth the train ride”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We went up the peak on the cog wheel railroad. The views were wonderful, the temperatures cold and the air thin. When you get to the top conserve your energy. I felt lightheaded at over 14,000 feet.

The only criticism of the experience was the gift shop at the top. It was cold and breezy and some people who did not have winter coats wanted to enjoy the views from the big plate glass windows. But all manner of tourist junk was lined up along the windows obstructing the view. Gift shop prices rivaled those of Yankee Stadium.