“I love Pike's Peak...”

and up
Private Tour to Pikes Peak Garden of Gods
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: There are many things to see and do on our mountain including experiencing spectacular views as you ascend to 14,115 feet, encounter Mother Nature on our hiking trails or watch for wildlife such as deer, elk, bighorn sheep or yellow-bellied marmots. You may even spot the elusive Bigfoot during your visit. The 19 mile journey on the fully paved road to the summit begins in Cascade, Colorado, just 15 minutes west of downtown Colorado Springs. From the entrance, at an altitude of 7,800 feet (2377m) begin to explore the Pike National Forest and the natural beauty of Colorado.Along the way, you'll discover the North Slope Recreation Area, Crystal Reservoir Gift Shop, Historic Glen Cove Inn, and the Summit House. There are three lakes for fishing, picnic areas, hiking trails, and breathtaking views. Stop and watch one of our "Meet the Ranger" Interpretive Programs and learn about the history, myths, flora and fauna on the mountain. All offer visitor services and basic necessities to make your day both enjoyable and memorable.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“I love Pike's Peak...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

I have gone to the top driving and on the train and I have to say I prefer driving because I get to call the shots and stop as I need. My preference, but either way...GO!

Visited February 2012

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Lebanon, New Jersey
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“74 degrees at the bottom, 34 degrees at the top!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

We stopped here during our CO trip in early April. What a great drive and great view! We took our time driving up the road and stopped at most of the pull offs because each one provided a different view. The gift store at the top was very nice and try the doughnuts! Not sure what the trick is in the doughnuts but they were excellent. Recommend taking your time going up and take tons of photos along the way.

Visited April 2012
Sitka, Alaska
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Worth the train ride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

We went up the peak on the cog wheel railroad. The views were wonderful, the temperatures cold and the air thin. When you get to the top conserve your energy. I felt lightheaded at over 14,000 feet.

The only criticism of the experience was the gift shop at the top. It was cold and breezy and some people who did not have winter coats wanted to enjoy the views from the big plate glass windows. But all manner of tourist junk was lined up along the windows obstructing the view. Gift shop prices rivaled those of Yankee Stadium.

Visited October 2012
Colorado Springs, Colorado
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“A Must”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

This is a great option for everyone and anyone. I love the train ride and take up my friends and family, you can sometimes see animals (deer and bighorn sheep) depending on year. The doughnuts at the top are so good. I have also hiked several times. Bring lots of water and some snacks. This is not an easy hike, but if you choose to do this you can hitch a ride down with somebody at the top. Driving a car is a good option, if you get car sick take something. This will make you sick. Regardless of which way you choose make sure you dress in layers and try the doughnuts

Hartwell, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Pike's Peak on the Cog Railway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

I've been to Colorado many times but had never been to the top of Pike's Peak. We took the first morning train on the Cog Railway and loved the views to the top. We saw mule deer, bucks, and sheep from the comfort of the train....much better than driving the switch back turns up the mountain. The conductor was corny...but aren't most tour guides? Take your own water bottle to avoid the lines and higher prices at the top of the mountain.

Visited October 2012