“Off We Go!”

$749.00*
and up
Private Tour to Pikes Peak Garden of Gods
More attraction details
Owner description: Visitors can tour this modern sprawling campus that includes the Academy, Falcon Stadium, a chapel and Arnold Hall, a museum honoring Air Force personnel.
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Hey I understand security being what it is nowadays, but to have your vehicle searched before being allowed on the grounds and being told by a very gruff Air Force dude to stay on the road and go 3 1/2 miles to the Visitors Center didn't really endear me to the place. I wasn't sure what I could and couldn't do. So our visit was basically driving to the Visitor's Center and walking around and then leaving because I didn't want to get detained for wandering off the road. The parts we did see were cool. But being the polite types who tend to do what we are told, we didn't really see much.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

This is a must see. It was somthing you don't quite get until you arrive. Go to this sight on a clear day. The chapel is unlike any other I have ever been to. If you go with a tour group try to see as much as you can. If I were a little younger I would be making sure I was a part of this!!!
So Proud!

Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Visually beautiful the chapel, the cadet area, the awesome bomber you can walk under and the F-16, A-10. Familes can take in some fabulous hiking /walking trails. Also if you have time and military you or the family can fish the easy access lakes just neef a day license.

1  Thank Koloradocowboy
Reviewed April 15, 2014

A beautiful campus, nestled into Colorado Springs' front range. The visitor center gives a great idea of what it might be like to be a cadet there. The chapel is lovely. But be sure to catch the cadets in action as they march or walk on the parade grounds to classes. Speak with one, if you get the chance. These young men and women have to be outstanding to be selected from the vast field of applicants each year. They are the best of the best and so willing to serve their country. You can't help but feel the pride.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

The Air Force Academy was a real surprise. I expected the beautiful setting, but the Chapel is an outstanding example of the best of 1950s modern architecture--both inside and out. I am not a huge fan of modern architecture, but this building is stunning and makes the whole visit worth it.