“Chapel is beautiful”

$749.00*
and up
Private Tour to Pikes Peak Garden of Gods
More attraction details
Owner description: Visitors can tour this modern sprawling campus that includes the Academy, Falcon Stadium, a chapel and Arnold Hall, a museum honoring Air Force personnel.
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

I didn't really know what to expect before coming here, but once we were hear and I saw the chapel I was astounded by how beautiful it is. It's like four chapels in one. You get the beautiful and sort of mystical Protestant chapel, the beautiful catholic chapel, the amazing Jewish Chapel, and the Buddhist Chapel which looks like it's be a great place to meditate. Overall it was a wonderful experience seeing the architecture in this chapel. I would recommend this to anyone who comes to Colorado for a visit. The only question I was kind of left with was why they didn't have an Islamic prayer room. I expected that they would and was looking forward to the beauty that many Islamic mosques have. I guess they just don't have enough demand for it when they built the building. This didn't really sour my experience at all.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Loved touring the Chapel with its four separate worship houses. We came back on Sunday for services. Thoroughly enjoyed the visitor center with its quality items at decent prices.

1  Thank Cordial1
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I was not aware of the USAF Academy till we made the trip to Colorado Springs.

The Chapel is one of the most beautiful buildings that I have ever seen. Why is it not known all over the world? Not only is it a stunning work of architecture but it is so peaceful once inside. The combination of the wood & metal & the light from the stain glass make this a special place. It's high steeply angled ceiling makes you keep looking up at the light. I could have lingered here for much longer. It's a great place to say a prayer.

The outside grounds are also so tastefully done. Statues of some of the greatest planes in USAF history plus some real fighters on the square. Not forgetting the B52 as you enter the complex.

I love this place & will be coming back.

1  Thank Nickel40
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Beautiful chapel and park area here. Visitor Center was helpful and had great gifts. There was a walkway from the Visitor Center to the Chapel. Since it was too steep and long for me because of a sore knee, we drove to a parking lot in the chapel area. While it was a level walk, it was a very long walk from the parking lot to the chapel. The main chapel was beautiful as well as the lower level Buddhist, Jewish and Catholic chapels. Another visitor directed us to an elevator so we didn't have to climb all the steps from one floor to another.

1  Thank Illinoistraveler48
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stopped in here with our 6 children ages 7 to 14 on our first day in Colorado Springs. The children enjoyed walking around the museum area to see the history of the Academy as well as walking the grounds to visit the chapel.
The Chapel was beautiful and it was a nice surprised to see the various religions that are recognized there.