“Inspiring Spires”

$749.00*
and up
Private Tour to Pikes Peak Garden of Gods
More attraction details
Owner description: Visitors can tour this modern sprawling campus that includes the Academy, Falcon Stadium, a chapel and Arnold Hall, a museum honoring Air Force personnel.
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Architecture meets faith inside the AFA Chapel. Upstairs is the Protestant chapel, downstairs are a Catholic chapel as well as a Jewish place of worship and a Buddhist meditation room. Each is unique and beautiful. The grounds are lovely and the visitor center is done well. Also some great hiking trails.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We visited the academy on Sunday just before Christmas. It was a very cold and windy day and because of all the open spaces, the wind was brutal.

There is a B-52 mounted along the entrance road that you can walk under and it's hard to believe just how big they are. Continue along the self guided tour route and there are scenic overviews that allow you to see the academy and the sports fields.

You can drive to the visitors center and watch a 13 minute movie about the academy and it very informative. There are static displays inside the visitor building and a mock up of a typical dorm room that really Spartan. After that, you can enter the gift shop and pick up souveiners (sp) of your visit.

We drove to the chapel, and it was open. This is something to see. It's beautiful.

On the way out, we were able to drive to the airfield because my son, who is an Air Force Senior NCO, showed his I.D. at the gate. There is an A10 "Warthog" on display there and a T38. Very cool.

You may take photos of your visit. It a very large academy. The parade grounds are huge.
We should all be proud of this school and the wonderful men and women that graduate from here.

2  Thank Keats1
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Awesome grounds filled with plenty of hiking and bike trails, tour through the chapel, ponds stocked with trout, wildlife a plenty, and makes for a great car tour of the campus

Reviewed December 26, 2012

I have lived in CO for nearly 10 years. It wasn't until my parents visited in Nov, that my mom suggested this as a thing to go do. Honestly, I had never heard of there being anything on the Air Force grounds.
We only had an 90 minutes to spend here, but I would recommend a bit more time to explore at a more leisure pace. At the Visitor's Center, we spoke with the friendly staff, watched a 15 min video about life at the AFA, and perused the mock dorm set up and other points of interest.
The 1/3 mi hike to the Chapel was a bit difficult for my parents, who are in their 70s, but in fit condition and live at sea level. I am not certain of parking closer to the Chapel.
The staff at the Chapel was very welcoming and offered q & a. It is a great place for photos! Very beautiful and awe inspiring. It is neat to see the various religions represented, Protestant, Catholic, Jewish and Buddhist.
I recently learned there is also an outdoor area for Earth-Centered religions and an All Faiths room. We didn't see those, but how great that the cadets of all faiths are all represented and welcomed.
Visiting the Chapel and being on the campus made me feel very patriotic, grateful and proud of our country and those who defend it. I am pleased that they have such a beautiful place in which to worship.

1  Thank vicariouslythrulisa
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Check out the Visitors Center, take the 1/3 mile walk to the Chapel and enjoy the beauty of the experience. Do visit the other chapels within the structure. Watch out for wildlife. We saw deer and a coyote on campus.