“Can't Beat It”

WoodSpring Suites Colorado Springs Airport
Ranked #60 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I can't believe the negative reviews I have read on here. I spent three weeks here and found it to be an EXCEPTIONAL value......at $199 a week plus $10 for high speed wi-fi (which worked perfectly and fast) plus taxes, it comes to about 30 bucks a night. The rooms have a full size fridge, sink, small microwave, and a 2 burner stove in the small kitchen area. I found my room to be very clean, the property is also very clean. You have interior hallways with coded keys that only work for you....the minute you get your keys, all the previous tenants keys are deactivated. I felt very safe here. There is a 24 hr McDonalds across the parking lot and also a Loaf and Jug. There are no amenities in the rooms so you'll have to bring your own pot, dishes, and glasses...a quick fix to a nearby Wal-Mart. The staff is very friendly they are on-site from about 9am to 6pm and closed Sundays. The rooms are small but everything worked as it should.....great air conditioner and heater for those freak Colorado weather changes, and the rooms are very clean. I have become a fan of Value Place, I KNOW you cannot find a better place at this price....don't be fooled at $30 bucks a night in other sections of this town you would find your neighbors to be prostitutes and drug dealers.

Room Tip: 1-3 floors are non smoking 4th floor is smoking
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Cashew67
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

That's fantastic that you enjoyed your stay with us! We are very pleased that your stay was so positive. We strive every day to provide the best guest experience we can. We hope that you will continue to think about Value Place should you ever need this type of lodging again.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

From the minute we walked in the door, it was a horrible experience. The night clerk was drunk and rude. The first room smelled like an ash tray and the second room smelled of bleach. My mom checked out early to find another hotel. The rooms also have no amenities, expected since it is a low budget hotel, but no coffee maker or soap?

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank SpankyUSpankyMe
VPCSP1, General Manager at WoodSpring Suites Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

We appreciate your feedback and apologize for your negative experience. Our goal is to provide our guests with clean and safe lodging at an inexpensive rate. We will be addressing your negative issues and passing on your suggestions for additional amenities to the Value Place franchise offices.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel on more than one occasion and have always found it clean, comfortable and quiet. The beds ar a little firm, but that is what I prefer. The place is always clean and the staff is very helpful. As for The price, it is very inexpensive $199 a week and you only pay for the amenities that you use. There is a laundry in the building and it is cheaper than most nearby laundry facilities. There have never been any issues with bed bugs during my many stays and if there are any then they were brought in by guests from other places.

Room Tip: The 1st floor is rather busy and there is a lot of traffic there, but the other floors are much quie...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I stayed in the hotel for about a week and noticed bites or a rash on my neck and arms, so I bought a new pillow and sleeping bag and put them on the bed. After a night or so, I noticed more marks and saw that my new pillow had some blood stains. When I informed the lady at the desk, she took a flashlight and inspected the room. She claimed she only found dead bed bugs. I checked out and went some place else.
The man at the desk is very nice and a hard worker. The place is also pretty inexpensive. Regardless, I would not recommend staying here.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank xxNomadicxx
Reviewed August 23, 2011

I stayed at the Colorado Springs Value Place from January through April 2011 during a clinical rotation for school and came back for another visit again in June. It definitely beats finding a furnished apartment with a short-term lease and having utilities set up in your name. I have stayed at other Value Places and the Colorado Springs location was the cleanest with the most responsive staff. The toilet paper fixture loosened during my stay and the staff came up immediately and repaired it. The location is conveniently close to McDonald's and a gas station, and is just down the street from Walmart and Wendy's. Gold's gym is down the street for those of you who like to work out and will be around for a while. The area is also safe.

Room Tip: I stayed on the highest floor that was non-smoking. That way there is no problem with sounds above...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank amitche5
Reviewed August 10, 2011

As a military member, I have stayed at other Value Place locations periodically. This location, by far, was the most disappointing experience I have ever had with the company. Although the rooms were about as expected for cheap lodging (besides the overwhelming smell of bleach which greeted us on arrival), the staff was definitely the most derisive factor. We checked in late for an 8 day long stay. We were given a rate and signed the appropriate paperwork for the rental. Our checkout date rolls around and we are told that the rate we signed was only for a weekly rental. After the manager on duty tried to charge us $70 dollars for the extra day (the entire week was only $200 by the way), she finally agreed to give us $20 off. The experience was so frustrating that we decided to just let it go and leave, but they tried to charge us for the washclothes we used during our stay because they were dirty (of course, they were $5 per wash cloth). The entire experience has turned me away from the company and I would highly recommend finding another lodging option for any extended stay in Colorado Springs.

Room Tip: Extended stay hotels are definitely a good call for longer trips, but I would highly recommend some...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank CMR2010
VPCSP1, Manager at WoodSpring Suites Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2011

In response to the review, the reservation was made for only 7 days, I printed out & showed the guest the original reservation conformation. Even though it was a mistake that was not made by the hotel, I tried to appease the guest by giving them a discounted rate on the 8th night pricing.

Reviewed June 7, 2011

Tips - see if you can get a room opposite the McDonald's side. Also there are still smoking rooms in this this state. This hotel has non-smoking rooms too! McDonald's across the parking lot & very convenient as is a gas station/convenience store. Seemed safe. Check out the Value Place rules for there are plenty as well as an inordinate quantity of forms to fill out and sign plus an Upfront $ 100 security deposit. Most service is extra. Limited offie hours. BUT in exchange for all it's quirks we had bed & sleep sofa room with daily towel exchange for less than $300 a week. I think there base rate for a single room was $199 a week. Room had microwave, TV, refrigerator, 2burner range. Clean laundry room and no pool or exercise room. Lots to do in and nearby: Ft Carson, 7 falls, Garden of the Gods, US Olympic Training Center, Pike's Peak, Air Force Academy, The Broadmore, Manitou Springs, Sky Fox baseball . About an hour drive to Golden and Coors. Royal Gorge about an hour away too. About a 5 min. drive to the airport terminal.

Room Tip: Off hour check-in requires a call to resident staf
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family