“Excellent food at great price”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Thai Basil

Thai Basil
Ranked #200 of 1,412 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Ocean Park, Washington
“Excellent food at great price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

I've been to Thai Basil numerous times and the food is consistently excellent. The price for lunch is VERY reasonable. Portions are large...so I always get to take home leftovers. The sesame chicken is a favorite, however everything that I've tried has been tasty.

• Visited March 2013

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Chicken and Beef”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have been to Thai Basil quite a few times. The food is amazing. I love the Hong Kong noodles, Sesame Chicken, and Orange Beef. Every time I visit whatever we get is never a let down. The service is very good and the restaurant is very cute! Starting off my family orders the pot stickers and yum is all I can say! The sauce is so amazing you can save it to put on rice like soy sauce. All of the food is perfect. Whenever I go I prefer not have shrimp on the Hong Kong noodles. I have had the curry there and it is great as well. Thai Basil is a place I always look forward to eating at.

• Visited March 2013
Colorado Springs, co
“Thai never tasted so good...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

Whether eaten in the restaurant or delivered to our door, Thai Basil is one of our favorite places. Everything from the appetizers to the sweets are delicious. Lunch is reasonably priced. Dinner is just slightly more expensive, but given how much you get, there is definitely good bang for the buck. (When we go, we actually plot to order enough to take home extras for lunch or dinner the next day as heats up well.) Whether you are in the mood for exotic or more generic (as the chicken fried rice is one of our favorite comfort foods), this food is simply yummy. I hope you give it a try, even if you have never really tried Thai food and that you like this place as much as we do.

Visited February 2013
Manitou Springs, Colorado
“Good Happy Hour, food is marginal”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

Looking for Thai on x-mas was no problem with Thai Basil, but getting what I ordered was.
I ordered 2 Spring rolls (menu states " A nice paper wrap filled with shrimp, lettuce, bean sprouts, mint and rice noodle. Served with Thai peanut sauce. ") However it was cucumber, a slice of lettuce and rice noodles. Thai Eggplant (menu states "Beware. This hot and flavored dish with basil and mint could be addictive.) it was extremely syrupy, not a hint of spice, certainly not "hot", no basil or mint and all you should "beware" of is blandness. The Pad Thai was marginal and not spicy but the Green Curry with tofu was excellent. I called when I got home and realized what was certainly confusion on their part in my ordering only to have the woman on the phone argue with me, say "yes, we leave mint and basil out" and basically accuse me of ordering the wrong foods even though I merely quoted off their menu. $31 later...I will NOT return. If you want green curry and $1 beers at happy hour, it's a place to consider.

• Visited December 2012
Denver, Colorado
“unique massaman”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

A bit creamier & sweeter than normal, and a very fresh feeling. And $1 Asahi beers! Good value Thai eats, with good flavors to boot. Hard to go wrong if just needing a place for the eve.

Visited December 2012