“nice place, friendly people” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Colorado City

Days Inn Colorado City
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Colorado City
Portland, Oregon
“nice place, friendly people”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2010

ok.......the bed bug review had me worried so first thing there, I checked. whew! no bugs! very clean, very friendly staff. My brother's room was good to go as well. there was buckets in the hall upstairs from leaking (didn't smell too good walking thru) but the rooms were fine. Had dinner in the lounge twice.....very, very good. Kind of wish they had some smaller munchie type choices.....just main dinners tho. salmon one night, chicken marsala another. have to say ......MAX'S ACROSS THE STREET!!!!!!!!! BEST STEAK AND EGGS YOU WILL EVER HAVE!. top sirloin steak HA more like a filet from a 5 star place. amazing!! SUPER friendly people as well at Max's. We'll be back!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2009

I had no trouble here though I've read reviews of some bad experiences. The price was $49 and the room seemed adequately clean. I ended up staying here a second night, in a different room which was also clean. The staff was nice and there are two good restaurants across the street and a liquor store next to the gas station in front. Interesting, folk-art-ish, Colorado landscape mural along the wall in the parking lot.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2009

My business associates and I had a meeting in Rye CO, and chose to stay at the Days Inn in Colorado City. We enjoyed the food in the restaurant and had an overal nice stay.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2009

We read the reviews and decided to stay at the Days Inn Colorado City. We have a long drive to Denver and are always looking for a spot a few hours from Denver. The hotel is easy to get to from the interstate, the lobby is clean and spacious, the reservations were in order, check in was easy. The room was clean and spacious.

The wi-fi was non-existent in the room. I asked management to change rooms (we arrived early afternoon and there were sufficient rooms) but they would not. I had to go to the lobby to use the internet. They were pretty nonchalant about lack of internet in rooms. I had to hear it was because the doors blocked the internet etc... This is unacceptable especially for the business traveler.

They have opened their overpriced restaurant on the premises therefore no longer offer any breakfast. We ate at a diner across the street - very good.

For the remoteness of this location and for paying standard prices we felt this was not a good value. We would stay here in a pinch however we would look elsewhere if we were making reservations.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Woodland Park,CO
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2009

WE were staying for our daughter's wedding, booked 3 rooms.
The room with the smallest children, 2 and 8 months, were awakened at 2am to thousands, yes, 1000's of bedbugs in the sheets, under the pillows,bed frame/mattress...so totally disgusting! They moved us to a new room and refunded us for that 1 room. 2 days later, back at home while putting on shoes, a bed bug greets us. These bugs multiply so quickly we did not take any chances and ordered bug removal service. After 2 exterminations the hotel refuses to pay for this cost. Horrible customer service. The manager refused responsiblity. How do you argue with someone who can barely speak english?

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
4 Thank dbrajordan
Santa Fe
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2009

Back in June 2009 my husband and I had made reservations in this hotel, but decided to stay in Pueblo, CO instead. I called to cancel the reservation and called several times after that to make sure that the reservation had been canceled. But, I never imagined that a month later they would use my credit card number and make multiple charges that added up to more than $600!!! I had to cancel my credit card because of this, which created a lot of problems for me. I didn't even stay there, but never will!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank NayaSantaFe
Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2009

Not a bad motel. Rooms were clean, The housekeepers were nice. Got there earlier than had plan and they were still cleaning room, They got right on it, when I felt like it was my fault for getting there early. Nice big tub. Pet Friendly. The only thing I might complain about is the walls are a little thin. Heard couple with baby crying in another room, but it was okay. I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown
BEST WESTERN Rambler
BEST WESTERN Rambler
#1 of 7 in Walsenburg

Been to Days Inn Colorado City? Share your experiences!