“Great food, friendly staff, and even better value.”

Obie's Filling Station
Cuisines: Barbecue
Pueblo, Colorado
“Great food, friendly staff, and even better value.”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Went there to eat right after Thanksgiving. One of the best eating experiences I have had. It was a little busy but food came out much faster than we expected. Everything looked awesome to start. All the BBQ melted in my mouth. They don't destroy everything with gallons of BBQ sauce, instead they leave plenty of sauce on the tables to cater to taste. The waitstaff checked on us regularly and was very nice and polite.I will definitely be going back soon.

• Visited December 2013

Las Cruces, New Mexico
“program your nav system and dont miss this pit stop”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We've stopped at Obie's on all our last trips north. Now, we're making it our breakfast or lunch stop before we head south on I-25. Never had anything but good to great service and food here. The portions are big to hearty but best of all is the quality. Anything pork used to be my favorite, until I tried the brisket. Hubby's favorite is the jalapeno cheddar elk sausage with fried okra, which we eat there and then take some pounds of elk sausage wrapped to go. The green chile stew is hard not to order every time. I think thats the only thing on the menu not as generous as I'd prefer but its a reasonable size and the real issue is I could eat several bowls in one sitting. So nice to tuck into a bowl and warm the tummy. Choose a meat to add to the side salad if you need more veggies. Good range of sweet, smokey, and spicy BBQ sauces. Very clean, bright and cheerful everywhere. The gift shop seems pedestrian and we've never visited the bar .... didnt know there was one until we wandered through the gift shop that way on the last trip. So, certainly no bar noise or traffic flowing into the restaurunt side. Go. Enjoy. Dont travel on empty and miss this nice place.

• Visited December 2013
Wyoming
“Great BBQ for a Small Town”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Obie's has really good BBQ for being such a small town. They actually smoke their meat there, and you can smell the smoke when you pull up (and you can see the wood piles out back, too). The Pulled Pork Sandwich is a good meal, and filling with just the sandwich and one side. There were three sauces to choose from on the table: smokey, honey, and spicy. Not the absolute best BBQ I've ever had, but certainly the best BBQ in town!
Strange fact: they have a Drive Thru.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rude employees,terrible food and filthy environment.”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

My husband and I stopped in on our way home from San Isabel. The service was terrible ( not one friendly or courteous employee in the place).The food was inedible and there where individuals who were obviously underage drinking in the bar area. The State liquor board should investigate.

1 Thank bethswoon
Peralta
“Finally quanitity meets quality”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

A lot of times when the size of the portion is large then the quality of the food suffers. Obies is not one of those places. We stopped for Sunday lunch on our way back home. We had not eaten yet in the day so we were hungry. We ordered the nachos as an appetizer and the 3-meet combo plate to share for dinner. We barely finished the nachos. We actually had to ask for extra chips.The amount of meet on the nachos was outstanding, the taste of the nachos was completely awesome. The three meet combo plate was so good that we continued to eat way past our fill. Awesome place will stop everytime i go by

1 Thank fxdwgbs