“Very tasty surprise!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Colorado Springs
“Very tasty surprise!”
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

We stopped here after a hike in the Wet Mountains. What a tasty surprise! The service wasn't stellar, bit they've got six beers on tap and more options in bottles, and the BBQ and sides are pretty darn good. I especially liked their baked beans and fried pickles.

Phoenix US
“Still Craving the Fried Corn on the Cob”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Yes, the BBQ Brisket is melt in your mouth goodness, the service excellent, prices reasonable and they have an adorable gift shop which we totally took advantage of but the Deep Fried Corn on the Cob just kills it! Everyone in our party LOVED it! Cannot wait to visit Colorado again to hit this spot.

• Visited October 2012
Beulah, Colorado, United States
“They Backed out Last Minute!”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I apologize to everyone who had their hopes up about the "Radio La Chusma" show in Colorado City, October 7th. The wonderful people from The Sand Trap bar and grille, and Obies have waited til now to back out on the venue! Had we not stopped by to check up on last minute touches, we would not have known that they forgot about our event! I have realized not only the lack of professionalism they
hold, but their rudeness and lack of respect they show the local patrons and myself has reached another level. My team would not have brought a band all the way from El Paso, TX, had I not received an agreement from a venue. This event just so happened to be scheduled in August! Clearly, a hand shake from the Obert family means nothing. You will learn very fast, in a tight community like the greenhorn valley, reputation is everything! This is not the first time they have done this, but it is the last time they do it to me! The show is still going on and will be moved to another venue. We have the support of the musicians, friends, and families that play up and down I-25. I will have a new location by tomorrow and I apologize for any inconvenience that has been made...

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank Heather R
hsteacher1
“Best Barbeque in Colorado”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stopped here on 7-13-12 after reading reviews on TripAdvisor. It was on our way after stopping at the Great Sand Dunes. We arrived for dinner and I had the brisket and sausage plate. It was delicious! Melt in your mouth brisket. I loved the sauce choices on the table. My side of fried pickles were so good and the green beans were old fashioned and yummy. My husband had the brisket and chicken. He thought both were excellent as well. The atmosphere was friendly and fun. The prices were spot on for the food. The decor was great. Our service was excellent and our dinner came in no time. I have driven this highway 20+ times in my life and had never stopped here. From now on, I will always stop here and recommend it to my friends and family.

• Visited July 2012
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Find a way to make it a destination!”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Discovered Obie's sign at Bishop's Castle last fall and decided we would stop and give it a try as we are always looking for a good BBQ place. Obie's did not dissappoint! Motorcycle parking up front a plus. Diner on one side and bar on the other separated by a small gift shop run by Mary (stop in and say "Hi" to her as she is a delight!). Met the owners who are local, genuine, hard working and take pride in their establishment. Food was excellent with a wide variety. The bar has a more open area in the back with a pool table as well as patio seating outside and a deck upstairs for those warmer days. We have been back over a handful of times, as we make the ride to Bishop's Castle often, and have to stop at Obie's for good food and conversation. We have never been disappointed with the staff, service or food. We will continue to make Obie's a regular part of our I-25 stop, it's that good. If you want something different, try the loaded baked potato with brisket or the green chili!

• Visited May 2012