“I-25 Good Eats!”

Obie's Filling Station
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

I only live 45 minutes from here and would repeat visit for very good brisket. This place is ideal for hungry I-25 travelers because It's easy access, spacious parking and good food. They have plentiful patio dining which is ideal because that area gets hot and the views are nice. They seem to have their regular biker customers so everyone is friendly and having a good time. The dinner plate is a good value at about $10.00.
Stop in with confidence and be safe on the road!

There are newer reviews for Obie's Filling Station

Reviewed May 7, 2012 via mobile

Food was definitely smoked using real wood, unfortunately they also use propane to speed up the cooking process which made the baby back ribs a little tough and not even close to "fall off the bone" . Service was excellent, room has a lot of echo and the screaming brat kind of ruined the atmosphere... Far from best BB-Q, Texas Roadhouse is much better. But if your traveling, food is okay, fuel prices are reasonable, gift shop is nice. over all it is worth trying while passing through.

Reviewed March 25, 2012

Off of the I . . Colorado I - 25 heading north.

I would actually stop there for a quick bite regardless of which direction I was heading.
Very clean, attentive service and pretty good diner food. For sure consider ordering the onion rings and wings which for us hit the spot after a long day of travel. This restaurant is in the correct location especially if you are heading west on hwy 160 where there is nothing worth stopping for.

Reviewed March 13, 2012

I am a bit of a foodie and this place has the best BBQ I've found in Colorado. My fiancee' and I stopped here after visiting Bishop's Castle. It was a Sunday afternoon, the place was relatively full...service was excellent...and the brisket and chicken was superb. I highly recommend this one. This is a former Service Station and has Texaco memorabilia as decorations.

Reviewed November 12, 2011

Barbecue, fully stocked bar, Blue Bell Ice Cream, outdoor deck with great view. I've been twice now, and I like the brisket more than the ribs, but in this somewhat out of the way location, with all the other amenities I've described, you won't be disappointed.