“Terrific stop for a variety of reasons!”

Best Western Grande River Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Clifton
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

This best western was terrific. The manager 'Ellysa" was fast, professional and extremely courteous. She was also very patient in taking some three phone calls answering various questions about the inn and the area.
We really like that you can pull right up to the room ( a design that for some reason, is less and less popular these days). No muss no fuss.... No corridors, doors to unlock with room key, no halls to manuver. Boom your in....and we travel heavy so I am always back and forth to the car numerous times.
The room was amazingly clean and I'm a stickler for that. It was also nicely appointed with extremely nice beds and bedding. They are also pet friendly and there is a small (actually VERY small) tidy patch of grass for the dog. I was happy to see the pet station with waste bags and disposal can.
Excellent stop and we shall return. Be sure to go to "Il Bistro Italiano" in Grand Junction. See my review!

• Stayed: April 2013
Karenatgranderiver, Owner at Best Western Grande River Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

I agree with you, Elissa is very special. We are very blessed to have a staff who is very dedicated to giving great guest service, this includes everyone from front desk to the housekeeping staff.
A lot of our guest enjoy being able to pull up to their rooms. As you said "no muss no fuss" Thank you again for your positive comments about our hotel. We hope to see you again.
Karen Nielson, owner

Reviewed April 7, 2013

This is my first trip to Grand Junction but my boyfriend has stayed here several times. I travel frequently and stay in very nice 4 star hotels and I must say this is by far the friendliest staff ever. Very very clean facility and comfortable. The Courtyard is very nice and relaxing. The bed was also more comfortable than most hotels.

I wish all hotels that I stay at had the staff that this hotel has! Great job!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Karenatgranderiver, Owner at Best Western Grande River Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you for staying at our hotel. We are so glad you enjoyed the staff, I am so proud of the service they give, and they sincerely mean it. I am posting your comments for the staff to see. Please come back and enjoy your breakfast or a cup of coffee in the courtyard, with all the flowers which will be blooming about a month. We hope to see you again. Thank you again.
Karen Nielson

Reviewed March 26, 2013

This is the cleanest and best well kept Best Western property I have ever stayed at. We stayed in a court yard room and could not have been more comfortable. We left our door open most of the evening while doing laundry in the spotless laundry room. You cannot get into the court yard without a key. The pool area was clean and well maintained, no chemical orders. The young lady at the desk was helpful, kind and funny. I would recommend to anyone and thank the owners for a wonderful nights stay!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Karenatgranderiver, Owner at Best Western Grande River Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time for the great review. I appreciate the comments about the courtyard and staff. It will be posted for the staff to enjoy. Thanks again Karen Nielson, owner

Reviewed January 14, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed November 28, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Being relocating across country with 3 cats, a husband on oxygen with other health issues and myself with my own health concerns, bad back, etc - it was a pleasure and joy to find this little haven on our trip. The most helpful and pleasant desk staff, very accommodating, excellent accommodations for we handcapped with pets - direct parking outside the room; excellent breakfast; clean, comfortable beds and anything we could have asked for! Just the break we needed to recoup and continue on our travels :)

Room Tip: Just explain what you need at the desk - they'll do everything they can to accommodate you.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 15, 2012

On a recent 10 day trip, we stayed here one night. We had a standard king. The bed was very firm, but comfortable. Hot tub was clean and hot. The entire property was well-kept and clean. Breakfast was pretty typical, but very good. Two negatives: #1) it is difficult to get in and out because of construction. #2) Room entrance was on the outside of the building. Not a big deal, but I am used to interior doors in a central hallway.
Those are the only 2 minor complaints. Yes, i would stay there again. and Yes, I would recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clifton
Wine Country Inn
Residence Inn Grand Junction
Residence Inn Grand Junction
#9 of 28 in Grand Junction
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Junction
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#11 of 28 in Grand Junction
Courtyard Grand Junction
Courtyard Grand Junction
#13 of 28 in Grand Junction

Been to Best Western Grande River Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!