“A dream come true”
Review of The Home Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Clark
The Home Ranch
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Just returned from a wonderful stay at The Home Ranch, the cabins were so comfortable, with a wood burning stove and full sized Jacuzzi on the porch. We had fresh flowers in our room and nightly turn down, they even replace our humidifier because it was making a loud noise (we did not ask them to do this, they just did). Every person on staff was friendly and went out of their way to make sure the guests enjoyed themselves. Johnny the general manager was so kind and this shows in his staff, Tyler our server was always there to take care of us with a smile, Alex the fishing guide was very patient teaching everyone the art of fly fishing,Kelly, Lindsey & Alec the wranglers were knowledgeable about the area and the ranch and were helpful on our great rides thru the aspen leaf covered trails. Selina was great with our check in making sure we were comfortable. The food was outstanding; we even had lamb for lunch! The stars at night were amazing, I can’t wait to return!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Johnny, Kelly, Mike, and ALL of the team were the best! Right form the start everyone knew our names! They were always accommodating us and inquiring how we would like to spend our days. With a family of four-it became easy to suit everyone's activities! It has been a little over 6 months since we stayed there (Mar 2012) and we are still talking about it! Take advantage of the CC ski trails and horseback riding since you'll be eating exquisite gourmet food and will want to work it all off! Great way to meet other travellers- it felt like one big family! I'd also recommend spending a day in Steamboat and doing some alpine skiing.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We planned this trip for over a year - and it was worth the waiting. The place is incredibly beautiful. The staff is wonderfully accommodating. (When I gushed about the incredible coffee and inquired where I might buy some I was told there was no place a private person could purchase it on the market, but the evening before we left a 5lb bag was brought to my chair. This is truly the place where "everybody knows your name." The food was the best I've eaten anywhere. (I had a waffle for breakfast the other morning that was, hands down, the best waffle I have EVER IN MY LIFE eaten. And did I mention that they even taught me (at 64 years old!) how to ride!!! Wow!! My husband went fishing every single day and had the time of his life.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms, but, if you can afford the extra, the cabins are to die for.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2012

A wonderful week of riding, fly fishing, hiking, and gourmet dining in absolutely beautiful mountain surroundings. Everyone there, from Johnny the manager to Clyde, Executive Chef, Kelly, Head Wrangler, Selina in the office are all exceptionally welcoming and "no" is not in their vocabulary. I cannot imagine a more beautiful location, more gracious hosts, or higher quality horses. This is an incredible place and people.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We travel quite a bit and this is the first review I have bothered to write. We just spent a week at The Home Ranch with our 10 and 11 year old daughters. If you love to ride, eat amazing food, sleep well and meet down to earth and interesting people this is the place for your family. I have been riding for most of my life and felt like I was living a dream. You can ride with your family, a group or alone with a wrangler. Loping in the beautiful meadows is my favorite.

I cannot say enough about the staff. I read one review which described Selina as grumpy. I have been there 3 times and she and Ashleigh are saints. The owners are often there and clearly care about and love seeing the guests living out their dream of the ranch. Johnny, the manager, is always there to help. The kids counselors and wranglers will see to it that every child is engaged and happy.

Put away your Blackberry and iPhone and sit by the campfire with your kids. You, and they, will never forget it!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2012

The setting is truly spectacular, the rooms cozy and inviting (heated floors in our bathroom which felt great even in the summer), the food was outstanding and... best of all are the people who work at the ranch who are all incredible. They were beyond helpful in planning our trip (wedding weekend) in advance of our stay and made us feel as though we were a part of the Ranch Family by the time we left on Sunday. Attention to detail at every turn of our stay was handled with a smile and "how else can we help you?" question.
Our horseback ride with Lindsey, our cute cowgirl, took us through and around the ranch property for well over an hour and the scenery at every turn was picture-taking-worthy. The pool was a relaxing afternoon spot. Even the small Clark store down the road (which doubles as the library, post office, gift shop, grocery store, liquor store, and ice cream stand) was a great stop.
On Friday night we had a Barn Dance with a band which regularly plays. Outstanding!! I imagine going to the Ranch with a young family would be a trip to truly remember. The Home Ranch deserves more than five stars!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2012

If the beauty and setting of the Home Ranch aren't enough, the staff absolutely completes it. I had the privilege of getting married here this summer and it simply could not have gone any better. I was worried when my wife and I didn't hire a 'professional' wedding planner, but Ashleigh and the rest of the staff at the Home Ranch handled our rehearsal dinner and ceremony better than an army of wedding planners could. Any and all requests were met with, "we'd be happy to" and they genuinely meant it. Then there was the food. Chef Clyde worked with us to prepare a menu for the rehearsal and ceremony that pleased everyone from the most hardcore carnivore(myself) to those who prefer nuts and berries(my wife). By far the worst part about the Home Ranch is leaving to go home.

Room Tip: Cabins vary in size. Choose accordingly. I did not see any rooms in the lodge.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clark
The Steamboat Grand
The Steamboat Grand
#4 of 21 in Steamboat Springs
Elk River Guest Ranch
The Cabins at Historic Columbine

Been to The Home Ranch? Share your experiences!