“Great family fun”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Clark
Vista Verde Guest Ranch
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Vista Verde does everything right.....food, lodging, kids programs, and staff. I was there on a 3 generation, all girl trip with my daughter and grand daughter. It could not have been a better family vacation. Horses were assigned the first day according to ability, etc. and each of us got a good match. By the fifth day my grand-daughter was running the barrels in the kids' rodeo and loving it. The kids program is just excellent, staffed with counselors who are patient, encouraging, and eager to help every child try something new. Special thanks to Megan for her special place in our hearts, Teen program was well run too. If you don't have kids but like to ride, they have special adult only weeks that would be better suited to adult needs only. Cabins were well equipped and comfortable. Food was excellent, fresh, and well prepared. Scenery was beautiful and trail rides were great. The Lodge is spectacular with great views. Also available were fly fishing, rafting, mountain biking, hiking, and just relaxing in the cool Colorado mountains. One good feature was the policy of no tipping at the end, which always feels like a hassle to me. Tips are included in weekly price. I would recommend this place whole-heartedly to anyone who wants a fabulous western family vacation, with or without children. Thanks also to Ben for making it all work seamlessly.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with just one or two people, perhaps a lodge room would be better than one of t...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank roseeeg

Reviewed April 13, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Vista Verde towards the end of February into the first week of March for my birthday. Originally we were only staying for 4 nights, but after the second night we extended our stay to a full week. That's how great this place is!
This was the first time we've stayed at a guest ranch and we usually don't go for all-inclusive type vacations. I am so very happy that I stumbled upon Vista Verde, it was a memorable experience and we are definitely returning next Winter.
- The staff are truly amazing, every single one of them. Everyone was helpful and friendly and very interesting. Between the meals and activities, you really get to know each other. I have to add they are very talented as well - some nights they sang.
- We stayed in Little Agnes (cabin) - I am very picky when it comes to accommodations - the cabin was beautiful. Very clean, cozy and comfortable. It felt like a home away from home.
- Horses - they take good care of their horses and have an excellent horse program. Its been awhile since I have been on one and they carefully match the horse to your abilities. I learned a lot during my clinics. They let you go with them at Noon on the sled to feed the herd, that was a lot of fun (and a bit of work).
- Winter activities - We had a great time going on snow shoe hikes up the mountain, skate skiing, cross country, back- country, tubing etc. They were very patient teaching us as we really only downhill ski - everything was new to us. I also liked that during the guided activities they take pictures of you and download them to a site. You can order the pictures or download them to your own computer.
- The food was great. I have a number of food allergies which I alerted them to before we arrived. They always made sure I was comfortable with the preparations of my meals and that I was able to substitute where needed.
- You really don't have to think of anything while you are there except for which activity you want to do the next day.
- Most of the other guests staying while we were there have been coming for years. Such a lovely group of people. I can see why they have been coming all these years.

There really is so much to say about Vista Verde. We travel a lot, especially out of the U.S... I have to say that Vista Verde is our favorite place.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lcannizz
Reviewed April 3, 2014

My family and I recently enjoyed a few days, off the grid, at Vista Verde Guest Ranch and what an experience it was. From the moment we arrived we received first class service and attention... heck, I would even say we felt like family! Well, better than family. The main lodge is breathtaking with its timber frame design, and I loved all the Cowboy decor. Our guest cabin was fully stocked not only with great (and healthy) snacks, drinks (including beer and wine), it also had perfectly sized robes for each member of our family.

Our kids enjoyed learning how to ride horses, snowshoeing, Nordic skiing, games, crafts, tubing, and snowmobile riding while Hubby and I were able to explore the property and do our own thing. The food was mouth-watering and bonding with the other guests, super fun!

We came back home feeling refreshed, rejuvenated, and with a few new skills.

Thank you VVR! We love you!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank SCTucker123
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Vista Verde is nestled in a valley surrounded by magnificent mountains. From the moment you are picked up at the airport you are the center of their focus..Upon arrival you you enter the lodge while your bags are taken to your room. It is clear that they spared no expense on the the western motif. A large stone fireplace surrounded by floor to vaulted ceiling windows make you feel at ease while taking in the breath taking views.
The staff not only is extremely attentive but make a point of knowing everyone by their first name.
I have been to ranches in WY, AZ, and Argentina and this has them all beat. The horse riding program is not just trail rides but rather a school designed to improve your skills. My wife who has ridden since a child ( even barrel raced ) learned things about handling a horse that she did not know . We were so excited about the horse experience that we booked another trip to the ranch before we left.
We went in the winter so we also went snow shoeing and,back country skiing . Each time we went with a knowledgeable guide.
The room( cabin) was spacious, modern and beautifully furnished.
The dinning experience was first rate and they catered to our every wish,
It is difficult for me to to praise them enough without the reader thinking this is a paid advertisement . It is not.
If you want a great ranch experience this is the place for you.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bucephal
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We just returned from our second Winter visit to Vista Verde Ranch. It is truly heaven on earth! The setting is stunning, the food is wonderful and the people are outstanding. The highlights were private guided snow cycle, snow shoe and tubing excursions. All geared to your athletic ability and interest. The cabins are wonderful; we enjoyed warm fires each morning and our own private hot tub each evening. We loved meeting and enjoying the company of the other guests. We like to ski Steamboat for 3-4 days then head to VV for the duration of the week-a perfect finish to a wonderful Winter Holiday.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We stayed in a gorgeous two story cabin called Big Agnes. They stock the cabins with everything you could possibly need. Our particular cabin had it's own private porch with hot tub. So as the snow was falling you can be sitting in the hot tub, sipping on a beverage and enjoying the stunning views.

Hospitality was exceptional. I really had the perfect experience because everything was so well done and the staff was so friendly. Everyone went above and beyond.

I would not hesitate coming back during the winter. It's just magical.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank ringinthenewyear
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We found Vista Verde Ranch via the internet and took a chance on a winter vacation with some friends. We were all extremely impressed with the uncommon friendliness of Vista Verde staff. Every person who crossed our path said hello, introduced themselves and asked if we needed anything. What impressed us the most was how consistent this behavior was across the entire VVR team. It is truly ingrained in their culture.
The accommodations were very comfortable and what one would expect from a luxury resort.
The options for winter fun were terrific. We went back country skiing, snow shoeing, horse riding, tubing and we left the site one afternoon to go dog sledding - all easily arranged by the VVR staff. The meals were wonderful and plentiful. My husband and I will definitely return with family members.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clark
The Steamboat Grand
Hotel Bristol
Hotel Bristol
#14 of 21 in Steamboat Springs
Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs
Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat...
#2 of 21 in Steamboat Springs
The Inn at Steamboat
The Inn at Steamboat
#4 of 21 in Steamboat Springs
Elk River Guest Ranch

Been to Vista Verde Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!