“We keep coming back!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chipita Park
Lone Duck Campground
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We have stayed at Lone Duck multiple times over the past 6 years. We keep coming back because it is a great place to stay!
The bathrooms are always clean. The sites are always maintained. The pool is always kept up. The staff is always friendly. The location is perfect. Why stay anywhere else? Lone Duck is always a sure bet to please.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Hellerfab5

Reviewed May 19, 2013

My family and I have been staying at Lone Duck off and on for the last 12 or so years now and couldn't imagine staying anywhere else.

Steve and Lisa do an incredible job of taking care of the place.

Breakfast is simple and delicious.

Sites are cleaned up and maintained each and every morning.

The pool has always been incredible.

The game room with all their retro type of pinball machines hold so many wonderful memories I wouldn't even know where to start.

Sure, the bathrooms are a little dated but are always cleaned and well stocked.

Please don't let ramblings of a couple of very unhappy people who would more than likely be just as unhappy no matter where they chose to stay discourage you from visiting the place.

Lone Duck Campground is by far the best little campground anywhere in Colorado.

And that my friends you can take to the bank...

Kevin & Linda McGinty
Topeka, Kansas

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Kevin M
Reviewed August 3, 2012

This campground is just 7 miles from the city (Colorado Springs), close to everything, but somehow still gives you that "off the beaten path" feeling. Lone Duck is run by the nicest family I have met, and their children are super and the camp dog Coda is a gentle giant!

If you want to drink late into the night and howl at the moon, go elsewhere. If you don't mind being around kids during the day, yet with perfectly quiet nights after 10pm, then this is your spot.

I stayed in a tent among RV's for 10 days, and met lots of great folks, and had a very restful time. The bathrooms are a bit small, but given the number of RV campers, I NEVER had a problem in my 10 day stay getting in the shower. The bathrooms are a bit dated, but I watch them get cleaned very well in the early morning, late at night, AND at noon. Steve is a master pancake cook (all you can eat with sausage), which was enjoyed by the kids (being a old kid, I liked them too). Indeed, there are flies in the office/breakfast area. I usually camp outside, so this goes with the territory, doesn't it!
The best part of this place was the staff, which is a wonderful, loving family that puts the guests first. If you have a problem, just ask!
The Waldo Canyon fire didn't touch the place, but the floods from the burn scar caused some damage that the Lone Duck crew got right after! The pool escaped unharmed, but the fishing pond (boy, it had some giant trout in that little thing!) will take a while to get back in shape.
The road noise from the very-handy Hwy 24 is pretty loud from about 6am until 10pm. After that, it didn't bother me at all and I was in a tent site closest to the highway.
If you want a quiet place that is family and pet friendly, I recommend the Lone Duck 100%!

Room Tip: Ask Steve when you check in...he will set you up!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Tim K
Reviewed June 17, 2012

The staff was very helpful and friendly. The camground was clean and well maintained. The restroom could be updated but it was always clean. We truly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 7, 2012

We started out camping last year in a popup and wanted to go somewhere close just in case we needed to go to a store for supplies. We decided on Lone Duck since Walmart was right down the street in Woodland Park. Our kids loved Lone Duck- fishing at the pond, swimming in the pool, playing at the playground, riding around the park, etc. Now we have a pull behind camper and we still love The Duck. It is close enough to civilization and yet you are still camping. The owners are really nice and very helpful. Last year we had a little bear and huge raccoon (good thing it wasn't a big bear and little raccoon) encounter at the Duck and that is our favorite camping memory. This is the place to go if you want to get away but don't want to drive 3 hours to get there.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank LorilovesJesus
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Lone duck is my favorite place next to home. Would love to call the last reviewer a boso but that wouldn't be very nice. Close to my "home", comfortable- we have gone from tent to trailer to pop up to motor home in the last 4 years and we LOVE this place. Wish they could be open year round but we are entitled to a vacation. Keep up the great job from your Colorado Springs fans. WE lOVE LONE DUCK!

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank MSJacksonCO
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We decided that we wanted to camp but knew the kids would hate being in complete wilderness so we decided to try Lone Duck Campground. Campground policy is that dogs are allowed on property as long as they are leashed and allowed in cabins as long as they are in a kennel. Our cabin faced the tent site, there was a tent right in front of our cabin that had a dog running around trying to get to my dogs. The kids were riding bikes through our cabin site and almost ran over one of my bogs. The cabins are one room and only one small window in Cabin 5, it was hot inside the cabin, my dogs were panting, kids yelling until 2 in the morning, we woke up and an unleashed dogs had defecated on our camp site. The pool is not taken care of and is cloudy and the water sprouts are not turned on often. The bathrooms and showers are gross, the showers are inserts that are painted over rather than cleaned. The pond is the size of maybe two small living rooms and the claim that all cabins face the pond its true kind of (expect cabin 5), but imagine cabins along the pond and how close you are, plus people are fishing on the pond. They decided to knock down a hornets nest, thanks for those visitors to go along with all the flies. Due to our unsatisfactory lodging experience we checked out a day early and didn't spend the second night that was already paid for; we got a "you checking out, ok thanks". As a business owner I would have inquired on why a patriot was willing to loose 65 bucks and was not continuing their camping experience with us (they have a 7 day cancellation policy). I don't care about the 65 bucks because it was my choice to leave but their lack of concern bothers me. Guess they need the money for that Mercedes SUV payment.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank RedLeg67

Been to Lone Duck Campground? Share your experiences!