“Pretty good hotel”

Grand Z Casino and Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Central City
Reviewed August 25, 2013

A lot of the other reviews talked about rude people who worked here and we definitely ran into that. We didn't find it due to any reason or another but just grumpy people who for whatever reason didn't seem to enjoy their jobs. Our room was really nice and comfortable and the shower had nice pressure. We asked to be put away from the elevator and on the side of the hotel with the view rather than a view of the parking garage. The town is nice and all in all we enjoyed our stay. It is a 21 and over hotel which was nice as this was a trip away from our kiddos for the night.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
RCHColorado, General Manager at Grand Z Casino and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear Crystal G,

Thank you for your feedback and I am happy to see that you enjoyed your visit to Reserve Casino Hotel. Our goal is to exceed guest service expectations, so I am disappointed to read that you encountered some team members that are not fulfilling this goal. Your review will assist us in reinforcing the importance of service with our team members. Thanks again for choosing to visit us and hope to see you again in the future.

Shannon Keel

Write a ReviewReviews (2,121)

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Stopped in on way to Aspen to see Dokken and for a Colorado Casino this place is about as close to Vegas as you get. The concert was fabulous as we were about 3' from the band. Everyone was very friendly. We ate at the Bistro and probably had one of the best steaks ever. Our room was nice and seemed to be fairly new. Overall, the experience was great and we will be doing it again to see more concerts.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank John A
RCHColorado, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Z Casino and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Dear John A,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate any and all feedback. I'm am glad you enjoyed the concert, we are just wrapping up our summer concert series and will be having many more big acts going into the fall.so keep on the look out, and as a reminder we have our upcoming shows always listed on our website (reservecasinohotel.com). I was also pleased you enjoyed our very popular Bistro 321 dining, our team does a great job. If you visit us again in the future our Lobster Buffet on the weekends is also very good. Thanks again for visiting us, and i am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

At check in the front desk person recommended the fourth floor. We negotiated the rate from $199 to $119 on a Saturday night. That was the first pleasant experience. Then she suggested we eat at Bistro 321. We had an awesome experience at the Bistro. The food wasn't overpriced like at some casinos and it was very good if not excellent. We did limited gaming as we were just passing through on our way to Grand Junction.

Dear Dbarker62,

Thank you for choosing to visit our property and I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us as well as your dining experience. Our Bistro 321 does an excellent job, which is why it is one of the most popular restaurants in Black Hawk/Central City. We appreciate your review and welcome you as a guest in the future.

Guest Services.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I admit after reading some of the reviews on Trip Advisor ($69 per Night) I was very concerned about what kind of experience we would have, but I found it to be a decent over night stay for the money paid, though I wouldn't necessarily pay more.

We only stayed overnight Monday to Tuesday on a Living Social Voucher and the front desk staff was reasonably courteous when we checked in. I gave our room the 'Anthony Melchori' once over when we got in and everything was reasonably clean and the only dust I found was on the Mirror/Picture frames. The sheets looked clean and smelled clean as did the towels in the bathroom.

The bed was comfortable and we both got a good night sleep, but definitely make sure to put your do not disturb sign on the door as the Maid's start VERY early and are not overly quiet about it.

The only disappointment I experienced was that there was really no place to eat at the hotel that was reasonably priced where I could use my $20 food credit and since neither of us gambled (not their target audience I know) we went down the street to Dostal Alley (I highly Recommend) for some REALLY good handmade pizza and Microbrew Beer.

The staff at check out was again reasonably courteous and mentioned that they had recently been going through a change of ownership and remodeling. All in all I would probably stay here again, but only for $69/night or less

Room Tip: Ask for one of the remodeled rooms on the 4th floor not facing the rear of the hotel as there is som...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
RCHColorado, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Z Casino and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear WesternHorizon,
Thank you for your feedback, and I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us. I was also happy to see that our team members were courteous during your visit. Guest Service is our number one priority at Reserve Casino Hotel.
I am sorry that you were disappointed in our food choices. Java Express offers food 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so I’m surprised to hear you were not able to get food there. We also offer dining in Bistro 321 and Chef’s Kitchen until 10pm midweek. But, maybe you were here after that time, which is why Java Express should have been available. I will definitely look into this to ensure it doesn’t happen again.
Again, thank you for choosing to visit Reserve Casino Hotel. Now that you are signed up with our property, be on the lookout for great promotions as we offer the best specials in Black Hawk/Central City. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Got a living social deal and decided to take my fiancé up for his birthday 7/24/13.....mistake....the person who checked us in...Delilah? was the only person we came n contact with that treated us kindly. everyone else treated us like we were a huge inconvenience. the bartender refused to serve us unless we were "actively gambling" even though we were supposed to have free drinks per our living social deal and the cocktail waitress ignored us when we were gambling. when we asked the front desk if they could do anything, we were told she didn't know how the "groupon" thing worked and no. I called a few days ahead to ask if they could leave a bottle of champagne in the room, they said they could only do balloons. they must have forgot. we were id'd 6 times in the course of an hour even though it was a WEDNESDAY and there were a total of about 10 customers in the whole place. our room REEKED like cigarette smoke despite being a non-smoking room and the air conditioner was leaking water. we had a 20$ dining credit for breakfast (we also got id'd at breakfast) and when I wrote our room number and 20$ living social credit on the ticket (which came to 17$) I was informed upon checkout that because I wrote 20 they were charging my card 3$ and it couldn't be refunded.....UGH....the staff talked to one another very disrespectfully throughout the hotel and casino....very unprofessional, rude and another guest had to show us to our room because no one else bothered........we checked in at 10pm and left by 10am.....most unpleasant 12 hours I have ever paid to spend anywhere!!!!.......needless to say we will not be back....

2  Thank KaraR25
RCHColorado, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Z Casino and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Dear KaraR

I would like to thank you for purchasing one of our great packages we offer and providing feedback. We were disappointed in that our guest service was not up to yours standards. We continuously strive to meet and exceed all guest expectations when they choose to visit our property, so for that I would like to extend a sincere apology. I’m not sure if you called the hotel desk on your room concerns, but we have an immediate response policy in that we respond within 5 minutes of any call and usually have the issue resolved in under 15 minutes. Also, I looked into the food charge issue and I’m not seeing that any charges were made on your credit card through the hotel, so please call me direct(303-327-2206) to resolve any issues regarding that transaction and I will take care of it immediately. As far as the drink policy, the free drinks that you received with your package are comped through your hotel room. Obviously there was a lack of communication as all you needed to do was ask the bartender to charge them to your room. We will make sure everyone knows this procedure. Lastly, Reserve Casino Hotel has chosen to be a 21 and over property, as such we card and wristband everyone who appears under the age of 35 on a daily basis. If anyone refuses to be wrist banded, they will get carded multiple times. We apologize for the inconvenience, but Gaming will fine us up to $50,000 per occurrence for minors on our gaming floor. We truly appreciate your feedback and will use it to better serve future guests and/or you if you forgive us and visit again.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

um, We wanted a drink when we got there @ 830 pm on fri the 12th, bartender w da glasses looked at my hubby like if she hated mexicans!!!!!! she didnt get him a drink!!!!! um, Theres no breakfast buffet at all!!!!!! The room was great, so-so bathroom!!!!!! the small pillows should be fat at least!!!! jen was a great listener after hearing me complain , beautiful smile, delilah had theee best customer service!!!! Dont have much to say, ill stick wif the lodge next time or sleep in my car!!!! personally it was a bad romantic night, thanks to that bartender!!!! Customer service school should be taught at this hotel, ..... very cold enviroment!!!! bartender on the bottom should teachit, very classsy girl

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
RCHColorado, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Z Casino and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Dear MariaS,

Very sorry to hear about the guest service you received at our bar. We have a very high standard of guest service at our property, so I will personally look into this occurrence and see how we can improve our overall service. I was pleased to see that you liked our remodeled rooms, and it seems several of our team members did give the exceptional guest service we strive to achieve here at Reserve. We do hope you reconsider and visit us again.

Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Checked in to hotel. We wanted to pay cash for the room as we had a coupon for $29.99. This request was met with annoyance. After we allowed them some time to figure out how to accept a cash deposit we were handed two room keys. We had to ask how to get to the room. They pointed to some elevators and said "that way". We requested a room by the elevator as my husband has mobility issues. We got off the elevator and proceeded to walk and walk and walk. Got to the room and the first table you see in the room was dirty with crumbs and sticky rings. My husband tired from the walk to the room decided to rest on one of the beds. When he laid down he felt sand or salt all over the bed and in the sheets as well. He moved over to the other bed no problems. We went down to grab a bite to eat a short while later and told the front desk about the table and bed. She grabbed a manager who presented with hand on hip and asked what we wanted them to do. After a long uncomfortable pause she asked if we wanted the sheets changed on that bed. I replied, 'at least'. Then we were off to get food. We ordered it to go so we could eat in our room. Our order was taken and waitress left. Not sure wether to wait to pay or come back in a few. We opted for the later. When we returned the waitress came back with to go order in one hand and the remainder of her lunch in the other. She handed us our food and shoved the last of her meal in her mouth. I asked how much we owed. She couldn't answer because her mouth was full. She just flashed us the amount. We paid and went back to the room. The shower was nice and the bed was comfy. However the internet is very slow. Next day at check out we were asked if the room should stay on our credit card. No card given only a $50.00 cash deposit. The room fee was supposed to come out of the deposit and the change would come back to us. We were given the opposite. The clerk gave us back the room rate and kept the change. It was some back and forth until she understood to reverse the monies. That doesn't give you a good feel about a casino hotel when you need to explain how to give change. The next day I calmed down enough to contact the hotel manager. I was routed to a voice mailbox, where I left my contact info. Its been a week and nothing. We have another coupon for $29.00, but will never use it. Wont go back ever.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank mwhite19

Dear MWHITE,

I am sorry to hear about your recent visit to our property, we strive to meet and exceed guest expectations when they choose to visit us. We also take great pride in having the cleanest property up here, and unfortunately it seems we failed to meet those standards during your visit. I have personally looked into your review and we have made some changes that will eliminate these occurrences from happening again. We do hope you consider visiting us again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Central City
Table Mountain Inn
Table Mountain Inn
#1 of 19 in Golden
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denver West - Golden

Been to Grand Z Casino and Hotel? Share your experiences!