“Small but fun casino ”

The Famous Bonanza Casino
Reviewed July 25, 2016 via mobile

I rank in excellent since my son and I won big time at the black jack table and they changed dealers three times in an hour. Anyway, that aside, it was small and intimate, old yet tidy as a pin and the working staff could not have been more congenial and helpful. Had a blast.

1  Thank bitler

Reviewed June 5, 2016

Our goal in Central City and Black Hawk was to hit as many casinos as we could in an afternoon and evening. This was our 2nd stop, having crossed the street from Century. It looks as if several store fronts were taken over to set up this casino. I saw stairs going down to a restaurant (and table games?) at the back. It looked more like the backstairs leading to a basement. We got our players cards (no promotions for new players to speak of) and promptly lost our budgeted money for this place. The casino was nearly empty. Could've been that it was only Monday afternoon or could've been people just don't win here. Your mileage may vary.

Reviewed May 18, 2016

The people are very nice and attentive, the gaming is fun and we sometimes win. The food is typical processed casino grade, don't eat there.

Reviewed December 13, 2015

Stopped into Bonanza after walking around Central City a bit looking for some table games. We were directed upstairs and there was just 1 table with a dealer at it.

The table open was offering $3 Double Deck BlackJack. I have played blackjack before but never this version of the game. With this version your cards are dealt face down. It lead to some confusion along the way, but playing $3 blackjack hands doesn't break the bank. There were just 3 of us playing so the game kept moving pretty well. For a Friday afternoon we weren't expecting a big crowd, and I liked that it was just a few of us playing the card game as it allowed for good conversation.

The free drinks while you are are playing are nice. Here in Ohio our casinos aren't allowed to provide free drinks so I appreciated that.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 28, 2015

The old-timey atmosphere is probably all this has going for it. Stop in, and take a look around, but not much else to see here. There are some table games upstairs, but not much fun happening on Wednesday afternoon. Table games are not a seven-day thing here, so be aware if you want to go for that reason. Not a bad place, but not worth spending too much time (or money) here. The one person I dealt with was very friendly to me, so that was a bright spot.