“Nice Experience”

Gold Coin Saloon and Millie's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Central City
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 25, 2012

There don't seem to be many places to eat in Central City and Millie's looked most appealing to my wife and me. She had a turkey burger with sweet potato fries and I had a chicken fried steak plate and we thought both were good and reasonably priced. It was about 2:15 or 2:30 PM and I particularly appreciated the relatively quiet atmosphere including music that wasn't too loud, and my guess is the place wouldn't be particularly loud during peak dining times. We will eat at Millie's again if back in Central City and I think you will find it a nice dining experience and that you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank elsiefromga

Reviewed August 11, 2012

My wife an I had dinner there tonight. We both had T bone steak specials. The steaks were good. Although my wife's was ordered medium and it was rare. My salad was average. My baked potato was cold. The vegetables were inedible. Roll was passable. Loud music. Ambiance was good.

1  Thank Bob N
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We ate at this restaurant, prior to attending a performance at the Central City Opera. It was very good! The wait staff were very friendly, our meals were served promptly and the prices were extremely reasonable. We were in a party of 4; two of us ordered salads and the other 2 ordered the buffalo burgers. Nobody was disappointed. Most of the items are under $11. The portions are generous. There is a nice variety of food available, too - anything from sandwiches to full meals (like chicken fried steak with all the fixings). This restaurant is upstairs from the Easy Street Casino. There are slot machines on this floor, so you do hear that noise a little bit; but the restaurant is secluded so there are not slot machines in that area.

2  Thank lifeisverygood2
Reviewed June 14, 2012

We stopped in totally unplanned and went upstairs to the restaurant - resisting the slops on our way. We were greeted in a friendly way and shown to a cute table overlooking the street. The menu is okay but the specials were excellent. I had a remarkable club on sourdough that was really fine. Prices were reasonable and we would certainly go again.

It is not in the standard of great restaurants in Denver or Colorado Springs, but then it is not in either of these places. The food is good, the prices quite reasonable, and the decor in fitting with the saloon style of place. A good place for lunch.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

We ventured into Central City expecting more of a historical experience. What we got was side by side gambling places--almost every square foot of the town. We asked at the visitor's center where we could get a good ouch, and she relied that any "casino" had lunch. We said we didnt want casino fare, and she suggested Millie's, upstairs from, but actually part of, a casino. To ge there, you go through a truly interesting old-time saloon, with swinging saloon doors and a player piano. Then, of course, we're the obligatory slot machines in every nook and cranny. You go up the old stairs to the restaurant, with an eerie-looking, life-sizes mannaqin dressed like a dancing girl. At the top of the stairs, you have to work your way through even more slot machines, until you get to the restaurant, and the first thing you see is a mannaquin dressed in period clothing, lounging on a divan. The small dining room is full of antiques, and has small windows overlooking the mains street. This is actually a more interesting view than the street level casinos, as it shows the tops of the old buildings, and their historical use. The food is average, as was the service; but, if you are in Central City, and want more than casino fare, this is your best bet.