“Don't just drive by......”
Review of Cedaredge Lodge

Cedaredge Lodge
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cedaredge
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Don't just drive by......”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Where to start! Gary and Donna, the very gracious hosts and owners? The property that includes an awesome game room, horseshoes and bocci ball, an indoor/outdoor kitchen and eating/lounging area? Don't want to cook? Tell them and they will set you up. And how about the creek that runs through the center of the property? The "tree house" setting area? Or how about the newly remodeled rooms? Wait, did I mention the amount of work they put into them? Crazy!!

Don't just drive by, stop and see for yourself. You won't be disappointed. I was there at Thanksgiving and as you can see I had a delightful time. Thank you Donna and Gary. My second time there and I will return.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank 595raymondm

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed January 6, 2014

The hotel is great, but the real reason to stay here are the owners, Gary and Donna. All the reviews are accurate. If you are in the area, this is the place to stay. They are friendly, welcoming, and made us feel like we were staying with family.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed December 6, 2013

This hotel is a true gem, which you would never expect if you simply drove past it. Don't let the curbside view slow you down. Rooms are ALL updated (our group used 7 different ones) with unique, updated western style furnishings and brand new mattresses. The best part is the owners, Gary and Donna. They are the epitome of service and hospitality. Also, make sure to dine at the hotel -- their "cooked to order" meal is awesome. Our first stay was due to work in Cedaredge. On our second visit to the area, we were actually working in Delta, but were so happy with our first stay that we didn't hesitate to drive the extra miles to stay again. If you are visiting within 50 miles of Cedaredge, this is the spot!!

Lucedale, Mississippi
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Cedaredge Lodge reminded me of an old 1960's Motorlodge until Gary (the owner along with his sweet wife Donna) opened the door to show me the room and let me pick the firmness of the bed I wanted. Was I ever amazed. The rooms have been renovated and have all the modern conveniences you would like. The decor was western and the owners had done all of the work themselves. Though the rooms are small by most comparisons, mine had a kitchenette and a modern bathroom. The room was nice, but wait. There is more.....
Gary and Donna offer to custom cook an evening meal. All you have to do is let them know what kind of meal you might want and they go and shop at the market for your order. The cozy dining room was warm and we were treated like royality. The value for what we were offered was fabulous. I can't say enough about this couple and thier philosophy about customer service.
I travel as part of my job and can stay at any of the big box hotels and often do. I get perks and points from the big chains but my stay at this local "mom and pop" motel was the best.

There is a hot tub, game room and other entertainment offerings. Oh yes, Donna is an experienced massage therapist and is available by appointment. I did not take time for a massage, but another guest did and was very impressed.

Room Tip: Just ask for a look at the available rooms. Gary or Donna will be happy to give a tour.
Recluse, Wyoming, United States
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Our group of three hunting partners elected to stay at Cedaredge Lodge instead of a motor home. The lodge was a surprise to us all! The amenities, the friendly atmosphere and supportive caring attitude of Gary & Donna were what prompted me to write this review. We all look forward to returning next Spring or Summer with our wives to share this beautiful, relaxing hide-away with them.
The stay was more than a warm place to stay, it was like visiting family. I would recommend this establishment to all my friends and family.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Boulder, CO
Reviewed November 7, 2013

The Cedaredge Lodge was *exactly* what I was looking for for my 6-night stay... clean, basic, comfortable accommodations, wi-fi, and a workable kitchen. The hospitality shown by Gary and Donna (owners) was definitely a value-added element that I hadn't expected. They take great pride and care in their establishment, and asked me several times if everything was OK or if anything needing addressing. I didn't take advantage of some of the amenities there (e.g. hot tub, communal kitchen, meals, game room, massage, etc.) but it was nice to know they were there just in case. If I head back to Cedaredge early next year, I know who I'll be calling first for accommodations.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This place is astonishing. Gary & Donna have put so much love and attention in to creating a cosy place to stay. They surpassed all expectations to make us feel welcome and comfortable. The rooms have been done up with extraordinary attention to detail and every possible need has been accounted for. This was the 7th (of 8) places we stayed on a road trip across the south west and it really was the most memorable and special of all the places we stopped even though it was only for 1 night. The grounds are idyllic with the flowing creek and apple trees. It was lovely to be able to enjoy the outside space.

We were lucky enough to have our hosts cook for us and spent a wonderful few hours chatting with them over food. Gary is looking to make continual improvements to the place but quite honestly I can't see how it can be made better. I look forward to coming back one day to see any extra changes they make!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cedaredge
Stay Wise Inn Cedaredge
Hotchkiss Inn
#1 of 1 in Hotchkiss
Wagon Wheel Motel
Wagon Wheel Motel
#1 of 2 in Mesa (Mesa County)

Been to Cedaredge Lodge? Share your experiences!