“A surprising experience”
Review of Cedaredge Lodge

Cedaredge Lodge
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cedaredge
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We had done Trip Advisor research prior to making a reservation here. The property is hard to describe as there is so much to see; Donna's vegetable garden, (abbreviated) mini-golf, bocci ball, game room, hot tub, and most of all a great shared kitchen. We were able to grill dinner both nights we were there and share some wine with our hosts. Donna will explain the somewhat odd liquor licensing. Had a fun time and will definitely return if in that area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 2, 2012

This place is so awesome, you could not be disappointed! Donna and Gary are so nice and do such an amazing job making you feel welcome and at home! We went for their couples getaway-When we arrived we got a nice tour of the place and wine and cheese in the room waiting for us. I got a massage from Donna that was amazing and they made us a fabulous dinner as well! The place itself is awesome but the the two people running it make it that much better! I recommend anyone looking for a little getaway to get here as fast as you can! We will for sure be going back!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Thank you Gary and Donna for your hospitality and sharing your very special place. Thankfully, due to a last minute cancellation, we had the pleasure of staying at the Cedaredge Lodge for the first time. Absolutely loved the rustic, cozy atmosphere! It was worth a little chilled air to leave the window cracked so we could listen to the creek at night. Enjoyed the fire pit and there's nothing better than enjoying a glass of wine sitting around the fire! The only thing I wish is that we had more time to stay and play! Thanks again and we'll definitely be back!!

Tim and Sandy Dudley

Room Tip: Room #4 is perfect!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2012

My review is better late than never... :-)

I stayed at the Cedaredge Lodge in May of 2012, I had come to town for my best friend's wedding. My husband and I stayed in the suite above the living quarters.

I won't go into long detail - the previous reviewers have painted the picture much better than I can. I will say that for the first couple of days I seemed to be the only guest and enjoyed the beautiful outdoor areas that Donna and Gary have created. I enjoyed an evening glass of wine in the garden, dangling my toes in the water, and on a swing. It was an escape that I especially needed that weekend - and one that was even more appreciated as we heard the story behind the lodge.

It is a place that can offer both a quiet retreat - or a great place for a group gathering. The work that they have done is absolutely amazing. The only thing missing is a resident dog/cat :)

Gary - I hope you're up for commissioning a piece of woodwork for our new place. We expect you all to deliver it when you travel through town and stay over for a Thunder game. The Finals should be on the schedule for next year!

Kim and Kevin
Edmond, OK

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kdbcrb
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Donna and Gary have done an awesome job. We found this lodge to be very comfortable and relaxing and we were really sad to leave. They have a community area where fellow guests can congregate if they choose. An outdoor kitchen that can be used by all, horseshoe pit, Bache ball, a game room with foosball, pool table etc., a relaxing gurgling creek that runs behind the building, and Donna has a very nice massage room for those that want a massage. Donna also has a beautiful garden and they can provide a fabulous meal to the guests that gives a 24hour advance notice. We enjoyed ourselves and look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

Settle in to a well appointed room, where no detail is left intended, then begin your journey. Fresh herbs and vegetables picked from Donna's garden were the perfect accompaniment to a steak grilled on the community grill, as was the story of how it all came to be, told by none other than Gary himself. His enthusiasm is bolstered by Donna's quiet satisfaction of being in her home, which she is more than willing to share with the adventurous traveler. No detail is overlooked by these two passionate creatives, whose industriousness and creativity abound from the outdoor kitchen to the well appointed wine list. Their retreat defies description. It can only be savored by those willing to take the chance and step away from the franchised homogonaity to experience something that only a couple living thier dream have to offer.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I stayed at Cedaredge Lodge this past weekend (July,2012) and had a wonderful experience. I had a room booked at a different hotel but found out they that is was a smoking room. My stay at Cedaredge Lodge was unplanned but exactly what I wanted. It is a small hotel but very cozy. There is an outdoor kitchen and seating areas, putt-putt golf, game room, and creekside view. My only regret is not having a longer stay and enjoying all there was to offer. The rooms are very cute with nice woodwork done by the owners. Great stay!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cedaredge
Stay Wise Inn Cedaredge
#5 of 6 in Cedaredge
Thunder Mountain Lodge
Thunder Mountain Lodge
#1 of 6 in Cedaredge

Been to Cedaredge Lodge? Share your experiences!