“Breakfast Burritos”

Cuisines: Mexican
Colorado springs
“Breakfast Burritos”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

If you go to this Santiago's on a Saturday morning there will be a line of cars wrapped around the drive through right out to the street. If you park you might have to walk a little ways. I always park and go inside. I'm not a drive thru type. I have eaten here several time but stop for breakfast burritos to eat on my way to a day of hiking or biking. I have always found the people here very friendly and extremely efficient at getting a lot of food to customers in a timely manner. I am in and out of there in less than 10 minutes even when they are really busy with freshly made breakfast burritos. The burritos contain eggs, potatoes, cheese, bacon or sausage, and green chile. If you like spicy, get the Hot one. you won't be disappointed. Can't be beat for a $2.00 breakfast burrito. Their green chile is excellent!

• Visited August 2014

Secret Cove, Canada
“Buy a bunch of toilet paper if you plan on eating here!”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

At one time this used to be a decent place to get Mexican food. We have come here often over the years. In the last 6 months to year the bottom has really dropped out of this place. Family visited from out of state so we thought we could treat them to a really good Mexican meal. However, they got all the orders wrong and the beans were cold as ice in the burrito's. They even forgot a complete order! They comped the forgotten order, but that was it. We were invited to a birthday party there a few months later. The waitress really tried hard, but again, the food was bad and even the chips were stale. We waited a couple of months and went back only to get food poisoning! The food tasted very vinegary. Our stomachs began to churn almost immediately, we started to cramp and made it home to spend the rest of the night on the toilet . The next day we felt hungover and felt sick even two days later. We will never return! Taco Bell is better than this place! An enema would have been easier and cheaper. Stay away at all costs! Unless you want to spend an evening camped out on the toilet!-

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Geronimo501
Castle Rock, Colorado
“Best Green Chili anywhere!”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

This place has the most consistently inconsistent green chili, but I love it anyway! It is offered hot, mild or half and half. I always get half and half, but sometimes it is so spicy it curls your toes, other times it is just right. The stuffed sopapillas are the best, but I can't have them anymore, they contain gluten.

• Visited April 2014
Chicago, IL
“Guess it depends on your expectations”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

This restaurant was BUSY. So, I take that to mean that someone likes it.

The food is relatively cheap.
The portions are relatively large.
The service is OK.

If you are looking for cheap Mexican food, this just might be your place. If you are looking for quality Mexican food, you probably want to look elsewhere.

I found it to be on a par with Banquet frozen food. Not much taste.

However, they were BUSY. So, someone likes it. Give it a try and see what you think. I am looking forward to reading your review.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Ultimatetravelking
Manitou Springs CO
“Great Green chile”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

We stopped for lunch while riding bikes on the bike path. The restaurant is in front of the bike path. We both had burritos with half and half (half mild and half hot) green chili. We thought the green chili was great. I think the hot would have been too hot for me, the half and half was great. The prices were very reasonable. The service was great. The tables, floor and bathrooms were all clean. It would be nice to eat outside when it is warm. We will eat there again the next time we bike in Castle Rock.

• Visited May 2014