“Dont expect anything good.”
Review of Yolanda's Tacos

Yolanda's Tacos
Ranked #12 of 152 Restaurants in Castle Rock
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 20, 2011

This is a low quality, fast food place that was not what I expected. Tortilla Chips were stale and cold. Guacamole was over processed, florescent green and most definitely out of a jar. I would have expected them to be able to make their own salsa. That was clearly institutional food service salsa. Plastic basket, plastic fork, and a roll of recycled paper towels on the counter. My tostada was not even up to typically fast food quality, much less anything I would have expected from a sit-down restaurant. As I looked at other people’s meals, I saw that the cold stale chips made up the great portion of every plate. The counter lady (Yolanda? I hope not) brought our food to our table and slid the baskets in front of us without saying a word or a hint of a smile. In my humble opinion, nothing good about the place. Not even if you already k now it is just a poor quality fast food joint.

1  Thank John_in_Parker

Reviewed May 26, 2011

Probably the best taco shop in Southern Colorado, not counting a great taco truck in Colorado Springs. I usually get the taco sampler of 3 tacos with any meat of your choice. The Barbacoa is very good and the Blue Crab is the best. It will cost about $8 for the 3 tacos but there a good enough size that will make a medium sized dinner or a large Lunch. The chips are made there and the hot sauce is actually HOT so watch out Gringos. The taste wont knock you out but you will be satisfied.

1  Thank JohnDG123
Reviewed February 24, 2011

Like the title says, this place has an amazing variety of killer tacos and tostados. I've tried about everything they have and yet to have anything bad, just some I liked better. If you can't find something you like here it's time to stop eating.

Reviewed January 14, 2011

I visited Yolanda's in Castle Rock for the first time a couple of years ago, and was not the least impressed. It is family owned, who claim to be from and know good Mexican food. Coming from Southern California myself, I was very excited to have a chance to get a taste from "home." I had heard some locals say that they loved it there, so I decided to give it another shot. Well, the very impatient person at the counter taking orders was not the least bit friendly, the food took WAY too long to get to us, and I ended up with a beef burrito that had a COLD tortilla, and COLD, unmelted cheese. I'm not sure what part of Mexico they learned that from, but at the very least, I'm figuring that the ingredients would have at least been room temperature. I was very disappointed, and will not be returning. If you are looking for anything resembling amazing Southern California/Mexican food, don't stop here.

2  Thank gamegirl8
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 22, 2009

Salsas are pretty good, and the tacos are nothing to shake a stick at. The ambience is nothing special, just your average taqueria- but the family-owned aspect of this place keeps us coming back.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook