“complete success”
Review of Union Bistro

Union Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Union Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 150 Restaurants in Castle Rock
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: South Street
Description: Modern doesn't need to mean uptight. At Union, you'll find the freshest culinary ideas in a comfortable setting. Our menu is a creative collection of American inspired classics with Global influence. Inspired dishes using the freshest ingredients from around the block and around the world. Join us for the best happy hour in Castle Rock. Tuesday through Saturday from 2 - 6 PM in the bar and on the upper patio. Reservations not accepted for Happy Hour. "Community" is more than just a word to us. Nothing's better than sharing a great meal with family and friends. Come and enjoy the neighborhood comfort of our dining room, our spacious bar, the outdoor patio or our famous community table. We look forward to seeing you soon. Join Us!
Reviewed April 16, 2014

A guaranteed good time; great food, fine service, friendly hosts, cheerful, atmosphere with pleasant buzz of happy patrons. Especially delightful for lunch but also good for supper - along with their fabulous partner Uniscali.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

I stopped in here, because we have a serious lack of decent restaurants in Douglas County (which makes no sense because it's one of the wealthiest counties in the country!). Anyway, I digress. I stopped here because I thought there would be more gourmet fare. Of all the things on the menu, honestly, nothing sounded that great. So, I decided on the "STEAK SANDWICH Served open face on sourdough with onions & red peppers tossed in a red wine reduction & topped with white cheddar fondue for $12.29. First off, I'm not sure why they called it a steak sandwich when it was a burger or if you had to call it steak, then call it "chopped" steak. The reduction sauce had just an okay flavor (too sweet for me) and tasted more like balsamic vinegar than red wine. I thought it would be a thinner sauce, but it was very thick, then on top of that, they put the fondue. It was just too rich and I didn't care for all the thick saucy texture to it and I scraped off most of the fondue after tasting it. I didn't really care for the fondue sauce at all. It came with the obligatory fries which were just the usual frozen kind. Doesn't anyone make fresh cut fries anymore?!! I'm soooo sick of getting served frozen food at restaurants. Don't any of these restaurant owners watch Restaurant Impossible or Kitchen Nightmares?!!! For the love of Pete, PLEASE STOP SERVING FROZEN FOOD!! Fresh is just as easy to make, just as cheap ( if not cheaper) and SO MUCH BETTER!! IMHO, this place is a glamorized burger joint. And I don't get the whole "little plate" "big plate" thing at all. Call it what it is, an appetizer or an entree!!

1  Thank RockyMtnHighker
Reviewed March 6, 2014

The food is very good here and it is usually our second choice for a Friday night out with friends, but you usually need reservations. My only downside is that the menu does not have quite as much variety as I would prefer.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We've gone numerous times and have never been disappointed. The menu is somewhat limited, although something for everyone in every price category. By keeping the options limited it allows them to keep the quality and consistency high. Entree's include Salmon, Steak, Pork and Pasta. Less expensive fare includes great burgers and gourmet grilled sandwiches. Good selection of appetizers, some of which can accommodate those looking for a lighter meal. Yes its busy... which should tell you something - people like it!

Check it out, you'll enjoy it!

1  Thank MexicoMark_11
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Busy place. We arrived at 5:00 PM for a quick bite on the way to the airport. Bar area was full.
Decent choice of small plates - we ordered Bbq pork wings (no mistake) and fried calemari. Calemari tough big junks out of a "frozen food" bag , the pork wings - a run with lots of meat , not bad but missing out on the taste , tender enough yes. The coleslaw good. Mains: burger (ok) and paste with shrimp , no taste , swimming in a cream suave without taste ... Not worth the stopover .